Childhood Filler

Tuesday – July 31st – Privet Drive – 1985 – 8:49 AM

Harry Pov

I snuggled into the lumpy bed, with my cloths as padding, which Vernon had gotten me when I outgrew my basket a few years ago. I yawned as I sleepily opened my eyes and smiled as I realized the date.

I'm now six years old! It's not a lot to be happy about since I still can't really do anything but… it means one year closer to not only going to Hogwarts and leaving the Dursley's for the better part of the year, it means I am one year closer to finally starting my revenge!

On another note. I am bigger than I was in my past life, that saying it wasn't by much, but it was still an improvement. I had filled out a bit, well, as much as a six year old can fill out.

I was also doing well in class! I made sure to get B's for some things but I also made sure to get A's in there for topics that really interested me. It was quite funny watching Vernon and Petunia glaring at me for getting higher marks than their 'Duddykins'. Although it wasn't very good when they locked me in the cupboard for either until the next morning or they would keep me in there for up to five days with me only being able to get out for the bathroom or a piece of bread.

"BOY! COME OUT AND MAKE BREAFAST." I heard Aunt Petunia, I liked to call her 'The Giraffe', scream out from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and ignored the call in favour of nuzzling my makeshift pillow that was a pillowcase filled with some baggy shirts and pants.

My cupboard door was unlocked so it wasn't like I was trapped inside. Petunia always unlocked it when she got up in the morning, otherwise I would simply unlock it with my magic.

"I SAID MAKE BREAKFAST NOW, BOY!" The Giraffe screamed as stomping footsteps came to my door. I looked to the cupboard door that then swung open with a bang. I glared at Petunia who glared right back with anger, disgust and something I wasn't so sure of.

"No. If you are unwilling to feed me, why should I feed you so you can just take the food away from me?" I asked as Petunia looked at me with shock. "I wonder if you had died, would my mother treat your son like this. A question to ponder on." I said as I then rolled over in my make shift bed as Petunia looked at me horrified. I heard Petunia close the door more gently and walk away from the cupboard door.

Strange. I guess I can lie here a while longer before getting up to make myself something small to eat. Maybe a simple ham and cheese sandwich with an apple before I go upstairs to have a quick shower and brush my teeth. I always insisted for a toothbrush that wasn't Dudley's old one, no way was I going to use someone's old toothbrush.

Yuck!

The good thing about being locked in the cupboard is that I can not only practise magic till I get board or I get exhausted. I can do a few things like make small things like cups, plates, pots and pans fly, disappear, repair, move, stick to surfaces, unlock and relock my cupboard door. Though I get pretty exhausted if I do more than five magic things in an hour. I can unlock and relock my cupboard door without getting exhausted but if I start making multiple pots and pans fly for more than ten minutes and then stick something to a wall or table, I feel sluggish. Though my magic has been weaker since I came that night at of my parent's death, I think Dumbledore put some spells on me to keep my magic low and unusable.

I sat up from my lumpy bed and stretched softly before putting my feed off the mattress that laid on the floor. I looked up and watched all the small spiders crawl around near the ceiling with small dust particles. I looked down and caught sight of the floorboard that was sticking up just the tiniest bit from the ground, it held money I had been gathering for the year.

I had been going out at night to take small bills of money and hiding them in the floorboard, I had gathered £8,000 pounds so far without them noticing. Half the floorboard was kept for the notes that were in large stacks and the other half contained small containers that held some oranges and small fruits that didn't make much noise that I could eat when they locked me in here for when I got better grades, didn't make them food or was just in the way. I had been slapped once for getting better grades than Dudley last year.