Death

Wednesday – 18thof December – Hogwarts Train – 12:08 PM

"Mister Potter." Madam Bones called out. I stopped and looked at her with confusion. "We have some… grave news for you." Madam Bones said looking nervous. I slowly nodded my head and walked over to a secluded corner. Madam Bones waved her wand and muttered a spell before turning back to me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked a little nervously. Madam Bones nodded her head and sighed sadly before looking me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry to inform you but your relatives were just discovered dead this morning. It took a couple of hours or the information to be told to the Ministry, and by then you were already on the train." Madam Bones said sadly. "I'm very sorry for your loss." I stared at Madam Bones blankly before looking down sadly.

"Aunt Petunia will be missed." I said. Madam Bones waited for me to continue. "Not Uncle Vernon or Dudley though. They can rot in hell." I then turned and walked away.

"Mister Potter!" I turned and Madam Bones signaled me to come back. I walked back and stood in front of her. "What do you mean by that? Don't you care that your relatives are dead?!" I stared at Madam Bones blankly.

"I'll miss Aunt Petunia because she was the only nice person in that house. Uncle Vernon and Dudley would gladly see me dead or tortured so why should I care that their dead?" I asked. Madam Bones looked horrified and confused. I rolled my eyes. "They used to try starve me, beat me, bully me and so many other things. I don't care their dead, I'm more relived then hurt. I won't have to return to be yelled at or locked in my room for the summer unless Aunt Petunia lets me stay at Uncle Sirius' house." Madam Bones looked at me with shock. "Who will I be staying with then?" Madam Bones stared at me for a few minutes longer before answering.

"Well. I had the Goblins let me look at the placing part of your parents Will. For now, you will stay with Sirius Black until we can get your proper Guardian up and running. Sirius is still not cleared to be taking care of minors by himself yet." Madam Bones said. I rolled my eyes at this with annoyance.

"I stayed with him basically all last summer but a day. He was great." Madam Bones looked shocked at this. "Aunt Petunia signed a slip to allow me to go so none of this 'You can't go without permission' crap could be used." Madam Bones nodded her head in understanding. "Uncle Remus was their too. He was good as well." I added for good measure.

"That's… good." Madam Bones said unsurely. "The placement of yourself will be held next week on Tuesday at the Ministry for nine AM. I will send you an owl personally. You have the option of Severus Snape and Minerva McGonagall since Sirius Black is still not cleared, Remus Lupin is, well, a werewolf and the Longbottom's are in the hospital for the foreseeable future." Madam Bones finished. I nodded my head in understanding.

"Alright. I'll be at the Ministry at nine AM next Tuesday." I looked around and smiled when I saw Sirius come into view with Remus behind him. I turned back to Madam Bones and frowned. "What about Dumbledore? Isn't he my magical Guardian?" Madam Bones shook her head with a small grimace.

"No. Thankfully." Madam Bones then sighed. "I had the Minister come with me to Gringotts to see the evidence. He agreed that Dumbledore will no longer be your magical Guardian, will not see over your accounts and will not talk to you about anything other than school business." Madam Bones then looked away with an annoyed expression. "He refused to do another trial. I believe Dumbledore has influenced the Minister to… to not go after him any more than that. It wouldn't look good for either of them." I nod my head slowly. A frown coming onto my face. I feel something land on my neck and I slap my hand onto it. I pull it back to see the dead Animagus form of Rita Skeeter.

"Ew." I said and shake the dead bug Rita Skeeter off my hand. I then wipe my neck. "So Dumbledore is getting off with a minor offence?" I ask. I look over to see Remus and Sirius waiting for me to finish my conversation.