Chapter 10

The two cuddled this way like a two loving son and parent . Being single parent is really hard . Lu Meifeng was so tired that she fell asleep without hearing that her beloved youngest baby got sick .

The sensible eldest child didn't gave another stress to his mom and just covered her with a thin quilt before putting the spoon on the sink and started washing dishes .

After washing dishes , he immediately cooked three cups of rice and washed the vegetables . He started slicing the vegetables and heated the pan .

Because of limited money , they could only eat one variety of dish . Looking at their cheap second hand refrigerator with a difficult face . Shao Boya is having a difficulty choosing ingredients while still thinking of budgeting .

Shao Boya could only cook vegetable stir-fry . By the time Shao Boya finished , Lu Meifeng  woke up from her temporary rest and teared up seeing her son making food for them .

Lu Meifeng squeezed Shao Boya's cheeks again and gave him a peck again and again .

" Mom , I'm not Shao Yu . Don't kiss me like that . "

" But you're still my baby boy, no? "

Shao Boya rolled his eyes with flushed face .

" Why are you being a tsundere hah? You're enjoying it right? Hehe . " Lu Meifeng kissed Shao Boya on the cheek again with a smacking sound .

Shao Boya gently pushed Lu Meifeng then lifted a small trey containing  four bowls . " Mom , I'll be going up to feed Shao Yu . Shao Yu's currently sick . I have to feed her . "

Hearing him , Lu Meifeng immediately got worried . " She's sick? Why didn't you tell me so . Give me that , I'll feed her myself . "

Shao Boya shook his head . " I'm already grown up mom , replenish your energy , i know you're tired . "

Lu Meifeng started shedding tears again and watched her sensible son climbing upstairs . She silently clenched her fist and closed her eyes .

- lord , thank your for giving me such a sensible son . I couldn't be anymore grateful to you despite giving me a hard life in my teens . -

Maybe this is her reward for enduring a lot of hardships . To a acquire such outstanding , sensible child . Even if he's stupid , if my child is this so sensible . I wouldn't mind .

Lu Meifeng sat down on the chair and stared at the good looking dish . " How did Shao Boya do this kind of plating? It can even contend with the 5 star chefs i have once saw before . "

" My son's really the best . "

Lu Meifeng lifted up her chopsticks and clamp up a vegetable before eating it.  " Oooh!! Son! Such good dish . He really got my cooking skills hah , but on another level . "

It's been along time since Lu Meifeng had a dish cooked by other people . It really feels different if someone else cooked for you . You would feel that someone cares for you .

Shao Boya entered the room and put down the tray to the side . A weak groan quietly resonated and called out . " Brother , my throat hurts.  "

Shao Boya helped her to sat up and wiled the little girl's tears . " Brother is here . "

Shao Yu straightened her chapped lips and teared up . " Brother , you're the best . "

Shao Boya chuckled . " I know . "

Shao Boya carefully put the trey on his lap and gently said to Shao Yu . " It's already dark , we'll take another dose of medicine after eating ok? "

Shao Yu nodded then opened her mouth as Shao Boya feeds her .