Chapter 32

The surrounding area of the village has changed ever since BER-months came. Colorful lights were now decorated on the doors of their neighborhood.

When Shao Boya returned home that very noon, he found his mom opening a brand new box. When Lu Meifeng removed the scotch tape, packages of Christmas light and Christmas balls appeared within his sight.

Noticing his arrival, Lu Meifeng smiled at him and greeted him as she beckoned to him to help her out.

Shao Boya put down his bag to help her decorate the whole house.

" Where's Shao Yu? " Shao Boya asked.

Lu Meifeng lifted up the small plastic Christmas Tree and placed it at the center of the living room. She then answered. " Still sleeping, I can't let her play with these dangerous things lest she hurts herself. "

Shao Boya agreed with her and helped her on wrapping up the tree with the annoying colorful foils and Christmas balls.

Halfway through their activity, Lu Meifeng's smartphone, which she had recently opened again, suddenly rang.

Lu Meifeng in the middle of putting a little star on the peak of the tree suddenly trembled in shock and looked down at the black smartphone on the rattan sofa.

Lu Meifeng was about to climb down from the stairs when Shao Boya suddenly stepped forward and lifted up the phone.

At the other end of the line, an old voice suddenly rang out.

" How long do you plan on hiding? Xiao Mei. "

(Xiao=little, small)

When Lu Meifeng heard the old man's voice, the hand holding the star shivered.

" You are? " A cold yet crisp neutral voice of a boy answered.

Old Lu at the other end of the line blinked his eyes in surprise when he heard a little boy's voice.

" This is Lu Guo. " Answered the old man.

Shao Boya glanced at her nervous mother then removed his gaze. " I don't know you. " Shao Boya said..

What Shao Boya spoke almost caused the Old Man to cough out blood.

" Yi Boya, is this you? "

Shao Boya's lips twitched, hearing someone he doesn't know addressing him with a different surname. Nevertheless, he didn't deny that it wasn't him, surname Yi sounds better than Shao.

" Yeah, it's me. "

Lu Meifeng, who was listening on the second floor was surprised to see her son not rejecting his Father's surname. Her heart felt complicated, thinking that Shao Boya might have accepted his father's existence in his heart already.

Unknown to her, she was just unable to comprehend a child's thoughts and thus this misunderstanding happened.

" Where's your mom? "

Lu Guo gripped his phone and stared at his wife at the side, who was staring at her with wide open eyes. He felt so uncomfortable that the hand holding the phone began trembling.

Shao Boya dropped the fake gift box on the ground and lied with a straight face.

" She's on a date with her group of friends(girl) "

" Why's her phone with you? " Lu Guo frowned, not believing his lie.

Shao Boya inadvertently glanced at his mom and awkwardly shifted his eyes, guilty of lying.

" I borrowed it, I was playing Zombie Tsunami and Candy Crush when you called.  "

Lu Guo immediately widened his eyes in surprise when he heard him . " I'm sorry, did I disturb you? "