Chapter 25

Seeing as madam Shao ran away in fright. Only then did Shao Boya slowly closed the door. He turned his body in Lu Meifeng's direction and smiled. " Everything's fine now, they won't disturb us anymore. "

Shao Boya walked near her and patted his mother's trembling hands. " I am not going to hurt you two... Please don't show me that fearful look. "

The young boy gently clenched his hands around Lu Meifeng's hands and pursed his lips with a countenance full of complicated expressions.

He is really a monster, no doubt. Even his very own mother feels scared towards him. Shao Boya hated it, he doesn't want to see his mother giving him a look of fear, as if..  as if she can't recognize him as her son.

He had changed indeed, compared to the former him who only knows how to cry and be fed, cry and be beaten, cry and starve.

A lot of things changed, but his love for them never changed.

In this cruel world. He has to change... If not, he would have long been dead. If he died, there's no one to protect Shao Yu, if he died, no one could help his mother from raising Shao Yu.

" I am a good boy. " Shao Boya lifted up his face and struggled to arc up the corners of his lips and bent his eyes.

Act like a normal boy... And mother wouldn't fear you anymore.

Act harmless... And she'll hug you.

Hide your strength, and she'll protect you.

Remain sensible, and she'll cherish you..

Make her proud, and she'll carry you up and kiss your cheeks.

" Aren't i? "

I'm a good boy right?

Right?

Shao Boya tried hard to smile and hide his claws. Yet the moment his tears fell down. His pretense cracked, the second layer of his beastly personality backed down, and the soft and weak side of him was witnessed by his mother.

A boy who needs to change. Holding the tip of the blade and was reborn as a new person.

A boy who struggled to survive in this cruel world. Desperately protecting what he only have in this dark world.

Shao Yu, Lu Meifeng.

These two, are the only existences that provided him strength to fight back and drive away those evil elements who wanted to harm his beloveds.

Now that he became a person who shed blood and seazed someone's life.

Is he no longer a good boy?

" Am I a good boy? " The young boy asked and held his mother's hands tightly.

" I earned money, I do household chores, I took care of Shao Yu, I cared about you two, studied carefully and even earned two golden medals. "

" Mom, I am a good boy right? "

Lu Meifeng felt like her heart was being squeezed tightly. Tears fell down from her eyes as she immediately enveloped the confused boy. " Ssshh, baby, you're a good boy. You're my precious son... Don't get confused, you're a good boy ok? Didn't Shao Yu tell you that you're the best man in the whole world? "

" Right, I am indeed the best man. " Shao Boya's eyes were muddles and dull. One could see he was not in a right mind.

As if ... As if he's going to crumble and collapsed anytime.

The boy's eyes were surrounded with dark circles, his collarbones deep, he's thin and looked malnourished. This little boy shouldn't look like this.

He deserves better... A better environment.