Chapter 20

The competition finally started , unfortunately , the mc and the vice mc were still chatting about who's the audience bet.  They were so talkative that they almost spend half an hour of the time for the competition.  The mcs however did not realized it . Only until someone whistled at them did they stopped talking .

The song that the first contestant sang finally played . The first contestant is a teenage girl wearing a white puffy dress.  She looked cute and adorable and her voice is also cute and high pitched .

After three minutes passed , the second contestant stepped forward and started singing the next song . The contestants were pretty powerful.  Shao Boya listened to them carefully and clapped along the audience whenever the contestants finished singing. 

Cao Tengfei turned to them and asked them who's their favorite contestant . Lin GenXin answered contestant number five who has a rather deep and mature voice compared to the childish voice of the others. 

Ye Zhenzhen joined and said she'll support her son . When they turned to asked who is Shao Boya's bet. 

Shao Boya just opened his fan and fanned himself while calmly answering. 

" None of them , they sound horrible to me ."

Lin GenXin widened his eyes.  " What? Aren't your standards too high , Shao Boya.  "

Ye Zhenzhen ruffled Lin GenXin's head and said . " I'm sure Shao Boya will get a great shock once he hears my son singing . "

" ... " Shao Boya

When it was finally Cao Manyan's turn . The whole gymnasium was immediately filled with defeaning roar of the Audience. 

" Cao Manyan! "

" Cao Manyan!! "

" Cao Manyan!!! "

Cao Manyan's classmates were especially loud as they waved their banners and lighsticks that came out of nowhere . Cao Manyan's classmates cheered , while the other attentive students immediately picked up some fan merchandise and put on a headband with Cao Manyan's face printed on top of Shao Boya's head .

They also tied a blue scarf around Shao Boya's forehead and handed him a moon shaped fan that has an ancient style painting of Cao Manyan's face.  They also put a blue lightsaber within his hands and asked him to wave it back and fort. 

Shao Boya blankly looked at the glowing stick in his hands then looked at the expectant expressions on their faces . Shao Boya felt like he swallowed a fly and blushed as he ignored them , but he still held the blue light saber. 

Ye Zhenzhen on the other hand picked up her smartphone and selfie stick. 

" Ok , come on girls and boys , pose and smile!!! " Ye Zhenzhen smiled at the camera. 

Cao Tengfei leaned beside Ye Zhenzhen and pose a handsome pose with his forefinger and thumb over his chin .

Cao Ren pulled his spectacles and hugged his wife. When Cao Shen just looked silently at the camera.  Behind them , Lin GenXin pose with his scissor hands and smiled that almost reached his ears and bent his eyes into crescents that his eyes almost couldn't be seen.  Behind them , Cao Manyan's classmates pose in a sexy manner , one classmate even moved his body to the side and moved his head to the side and side eyed the camera along with their finger on there forehead . The other exaggerated their poses and put on wacky expressions .

Shao Boya on the other is still holding a bunch of Cao Manyan's merchandise and couldn't pose properly . So he just leaned his head on Lin GenXin's shoulder and coldly gazed at the camera. 

" In three , two , one! Smile!!! "

After taking a picture , all went back to their seat and watched expectantly at their idol on stage.  A pop song suddenly played on the speaker . The beat was loud and addictive . The whole Audience danced to the beat as Cao Manyan clicked his finger and moved his head as he smiled .

Cao Manyan sang as he walked around the stage as if he owned it.  He occasionally danced and posed , the judges couldn't help smiling to the beat and watched as Cao Manyan made the audience dance and sing along with him .

" There's ey fire~ starting in my heart , reachin' a fever pitch it's bringing me out the dark.  Hey! "

" Fina-ly~ , I can see you crystal clear.  "

" Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare "

Shao Boya watched Cao Manyan singing on stage and couldn't help narrowing his eyes .

' he's good . '

Shao Boya raised the corner of his lips . ' I like it.  '

Ye Zhenzhen screamed restrainedly and couldn't help beating Cao Ren's shoulder and keeps on shouting and pointing at her son and said .

" That's my son , look! I'm so proud of him.  "

Cao Ren chuckled helpessly and answered.  " I know , I know . "

The grandfather on the other hand is just silently recording Cao Manyan's performance as he waved his blue light sticks instead of cane. 

---

Yi Meilin arrived at the gymnasium along with Dean Zhao and Yi Cheng.  Yi Meilin looked at Cao Manyan and walked on the aisle with his company. 

Dean Zhao couldn't help clapping as he smiled.  " I think we're already late to spectate Cao Shen's grandson's performance.  "

They arrived at the front and took a seat beside Cao Sheng . Yi Cheng was greeted by Cao Sheng who is still recording on stage. 

" You're late , Old Yi.  "

Yi Cheng smiled and took a seat beside.  " We're roaming around earlier and almost forgot your grandson's performance.  "

Yi Meilin looked at Cao Manyan on stage and inavertently looked behind him . There he saw Shao Boya holding a blue light stick while watching the stage silently. The young boy looked contradictory with the cheerful and enthusiastic audience behind him , but he didn't look out of the world. 

Shao Boya seems to have percieved his gaze and looked at Yi Meilin . Yi Meilin immediately removed his gaze and turned to look back at Cao Manyan on stage. 

Shao Boya put down his light sticks and remained silent as he looked at Yi Meilin's back. 

Yi Meilin looks somewhat similar to Shao Yu . Shao Boya however inherited his looks on his mother . Shao Boya looked at the old man beside Yi Meilin and narrowed his eyes.  Shao Boya no longer paid attention to them and looked back on stage as Cao Manyan finished .

The two mc made an appearance again and started talking . And as expected , Cao Manyan won . the whole Audience immediately cheered loudly . Ye Zhenzhen shouted excitedly and immediately ran towards the stage along with Cao Tengfei .

Cao Shen also stood up and clapped . Yi Cheng congratulated Old Shen . Yi Meilin also congratulated along with Dean Zhao. 

" Ok ok , guys let's take a picture!! " Ye Zhenzhen shouted. 

----

Qi Ru and Zhang Churan had roamed all the corners of the school but they still have not gotten a glimpse of the silhouettes of the two kids. 

They went to the canteen to buy two bottles of water.  They sighed in tiredness as Qi Ru patted Zhang Churan's shoulder. 

" You have worked hard . "

Zhang Churan wiped her sweaty temple and patted him back . " You've also worked hard , Teacher Qi.  "

A loud defeaning cheer suddenly resonated.  Qi Ru and Zhang Churan looked at the large gymnasium not too far and suddenly squinted their eyes .

They looked back to each other nodded. 

" Those brats must have been watching the competition in there.  " Qi Ru

"Let's go and drag those two back . "

Zhang Churan nodded and wiped her neck before following the enraged Qi Ru .