Sonic x Reader (I hate that I love you)

Walking with my earbuds in, I was left to contemplate about life. I was currently walking in the woods at around midnight. I needed to get away from my home, the constant shouting was killing me and school wasn't any better, ruthless teenagers. I growled as I thought of the bullies.

Suddenly, as I was mid-way in the forest, something strange happened. A blue blur had appeared in front of me and left not even a second later. I assumed I was imagining things and being paranoid, but moments later it was back again. This time, I stopped walking and gave whoever was doing this a dirty look. Surely, it was one of those punks here to taunt me again.

"Alright brat, get lost." I hissed.

Strangely, a blue hedgehog appeared in front of me. I immediately recognized the creature. He was known as Sonic the Hedgehog. A famous hedgehog known for saving our world countless times from Eggman. Everyone seemed to admire him, except me. I don't understand his need to save us, all of us are just horrible beings anyway. No one has ever treated me with kindness, so what do I care? I rolled my eyes as the character greeted me.

"What are you doing out here late at night?" The hedgehog asked.

"None of your business, hedgehog. Leave me be." I continued to walk but felt a tug on my shoulder and was forced back. There again, was the hedgehog looking at me intently. The anger was boiling inside of me.

"It's not safe out here, Egghead is lurking." Sonic looked at me pleadingly.

"I don't care." I answered bluntly as I tried to break free from his grasp on my shoulders. I failed.

"Can you let go?" I asked, annoyed.

"No can do, friend. You need to get home." Sonic shook his head. Who does this guy think he is?

"I'm not your, friend." I hissed, which seemed to surprise Sonic, as he lifted his arms off me.

"Why not?" He questioned with a sad tone. Why does he sound so disappointed? I don't know him.

"I don't need friends, they disappoint me." I spat out. Sonic looked at me, eyes wide, seeming to be in a state of shock. I rolled my eyes and continued walking away. Sadly, the hedgehog caught up to me and walked at my pace. Why can't the speed demon just leave me alone?

"I won't disappoint you!" Sonic said heroically. I practically dropped dead on sight. Bursting into laughter, Sonic looked me up and down, confused.

"Everyone in my life has. What makes you so different? Just go talk to your other hedgehogs, please." I begged harshly. Sonic only rolled his eyes and continued to walk with me.

"I couldn't live with myself if I let you walk alone with Eggman nearby." He stated.

"He's not even here, and I can take care of myself. I don't need your pity." I responded coldly. I think at this point, Sonic had finally snapped as his smile faded and he looked at me, angrily. Good, this just proves he's just like the rest of us.

"What's your problem? I'm only trying to help!" He nearly yelped.

"My problem is people like you! Being so 'kind' and 'heroic' and then leaving for something better! I don't need you in my life, and I certainly don't need your help. For the last time, go away." I shouted at the hedgehog. The two of us stopped walking. We stared coldly into each other's eyes. Finally, Sonic broke eye contact and to my surprise he left. I sighed in relief and continued my walk through the woods.

Sonic POV:
I never have had a interaction with a human like that. They've always been so fond and grateful for me. Something about her was definitely off. For some reason, I wanted to find out why she was so hurt and pushy. I don't like seeing people sad, especially her. No one deserves to be so hurt. I ran away from her sight, just so she would calm down, but stalked her throughout the night. To protect her from Egghead, but mainly to find out why she was like this. Unfortunately, I didn't get my answers as she finally left the woods hours later. I was glad she was okay, but for some reason I wanted her to come back. Although, I'd probably see her in town, I wanted to see her alone.