Sonic x Shadow (He's gone...right??)

Shadow POV:

It's been 3 years without him.

My will to live. My happiness. The only one that I could trust. Gone.

Sonic had been going on a mission, like usual. But Eggman summoned a stronger phantom ruby for Infinite. Sonic wasn't looking where he was going and the whole base...exploded.

I couldn't believe it. My only true love was taken away from me, again. It's like the world hates me. First, my sister, Maria. Then...Sonic.

I miss his warm smile, and the ways his emerald eyes lit up whenever he saw me happy. Sonic was the only one to be able to do that. Even his annoying unfunny jokes are missed. I'd do anything to hear them again. Anything.

I haven't been the same without him. I quit G.U.N and stay inside my cave for most days. The only time I ever see the sun is when Rogue drags me out. Which unfortunately was today.

"Hey hun, we're going out tonight."

"No we're not. You are." I growled.

"Shadow, it's not a choice." Rogue's tone was cold. She was actually intimidating when she spoke like that...and Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't get intimated easily.

"Where are we going, bat?"

"Knuxie and I found a cute little spot out of town. You are coming." Rogue demanded.

"Great. So I get to be a third wheel." Fun. This is exactly what I want, to be reminded of the love I can't have.

"I wouldn't have to do this if you did it on your own, hun."

Before I could reply, Rogue shut the door on me. But not before telling me to be ready by 5. Damn, bat...

~

"Rogue, where exactly are you dragging me to?"

The three of us were in Knucklehead's car. Knucklehead...that's what Sonic called him. Holding back tears, I looked ahead to the front row and waited for Rogue and Knuckles to answer me.

"You'll see, hun." That was the same answer every time. I growled in response but the two only continued their conversation. I wish I could've had a relationship like theirs...

With, my Sonic.

We arrived at this place around 4 hours later. I really didn't want to be here but once we got here I learned why Rogue took me here.

It was a beautiful island, and it wasn't Knucklehead's. Rogue opened the trunk to his car and I found suitcases. Had she planned some sort of vacation?

"Surprise, Shadow. You're going on a vacation!" Rogue and Knuckle's chuckled as they pulled out luggage for...me?! How'd they get my clothes?!

"I don't need a vacation." I mumbled. In truth, I loved this place. But I'd never let the bat know that. It reminds me of somewhere I'd take Sonic. If only he were here with me...

"Rogue thinks otherwise. Let's go, Shadow." Without being given a chance to respond, Rogue pulled me behind her as they dragged me into some sort of hotel.

Thankfully, we got two separate rooms. I was glad to be able to wallow in my own pity. But them being next door to me was very annoying. I could hear everything. Truly disgusting.

I couldn't take it any longer as I heard something I never wanted to hear. I grabbed my room key and headed outside. I didn't really know or care where I was going I just didn't want to be taunted any longer with their moans. It was disturbing and it was a reminder of what I'd lost.