Tails x Reader (Easter Special)

A/N:
Sorry if this is shit I'm high asf
I got very hungry writing this LMAOO

_____________________

"Y/N! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

From behind me, I saw Tails. He was running up to me in a worried manner, I quirked a brow in confusion.

"Why? What's up?"

His eyes widened. "You don't know what today is?!"

I deadpanned. I didn't believe there were any holidays in March...

"Y/N! Seriously?! It's Easter!" Tails cried.

I nearly recoiled in surprise. There was no way it was Easter already. It always happens on April!

"What? Prove it."

Tails pulled his phone out and went on the calendar. He quickly showed me the date and below it, read Easter. I squinted just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

"It's never in March!" I tried to defend myself.

"Well, it is now. You almost missed the egg hunt, come on!" Tails waved towards his direction and smiled. I quickly followed behind him as he took me to the host's house.

As we arrived, I immediately noticed the gang crowded over a dinner table, outside near a beautiful garden. There were all sorts of delicious meals. The enticing turkey, the beautifully made mashed potatoes, and I especially noticed my favorite, macaroni at the end.

Sonic smiled. "About time! Let's dig in!"

I watched and crept up with Tails as the gang started to grab from the table. I noticed Knuckles and Rouge were surprisingly getting along well and sitting next to each other.

There were two seats open, both right next to each other. I was appreciative of that as I was closest to Tails within the group, and felt most comfortable with him.

Amy spoke from across of me. "Can someone pass me the gravy?"

Blaze handed it to Shadow, who in turn, handed it to Amy. I sat down with Tails and watched the table with amusement. It truly felt like a family.

"Are you okay?" Tails looked at me with concern. I chuckled and nodded. I was the happiest I've been in a while.

"You sure you need all that, big guy?" Rouge batted her eyes at Knuckles. His cheeks turned beat red as he growled at the bat.

"Mind your business, old bat!"

Rouge chuckled and continued to tease him. I rolled my eyes as the happy moment was gone and I heard Sonic try and stop them.

I turned over at Tails, who was already staring at me. Awkwardly, I looked down at my plate and ignored it. He spoke shortly after.

"How are you liking the food?"

I smiled, swallowing my mac 'n cheese. "It's so delicious."

Tails chuckled, "Thank you! I made it."

"What? I didn't know you cooked." I looked at him in surprise. He could do so many things, but I did not think cooking was one of them.

"Yeah, I love it. I made the mashed potatoes too." Tails proudly puffed his chest out. I giggled a bit and grinned. He was such a cutie.

"Tails! Stop flirting with Y/N during dinner!" Amy scolded. She was always one for fancy stuff, but that didn't make me blush any less.

Silver elbowed her, she grunted and glared at him before she decided to keep her mouth shut.

The conversation continued quickly after, but I couldn't look at Tails after that. I unconsciously scooted to the edge of my seat and tried to make conversation with Shadow.

He was not a conversationalist.

"Hi Shadow!"

"Hello."

"Are you enjoying Easter so far?"

"I suppose."

"Oh, great! How's the food?"

"Fine."

"...That's cool. Are you gonna be here afterwards?"

"Maybe."

I rolled my eyes and gave up. The only other person near me was Amy. But I didn't really want to talk to her. She was always so loud and trying to get into people's business.

I know she has the right intentions. She just doesn't know her own strength sometimes.

Soon after, everyone finished their meals and were ready for the egg hunt. Supposedly, Sonic and Shadow put a bet against each other to see who could find the most.

I always wondered why they never included Silver in these things. But I assumed he just wasn't that competitive. Sonic and Shadow had a chronic rivalry.

Knuckles was talking to Espio, and Rouge, Blaze, Amy, and Cream, were all together having a conversation.

I looked at Tails for a moment. He was a few feet next to me, and alone. With Sonic being gone, he didn't have many other options besides me.

I didn't either.

Suddenly, Vector yelled the hunt had begun and everyone talking immediately ran around the area. It was all strange to see a friendly environment turn chaotic so quickly. I was so mesmerized it took me a minute to actually move.

I saw many easy eggs, and found a few that were more difficult to find. There was supposed to be a golden egg somewhere, and it had the ultimate prize, but I couldn't find it. I gave up and started to think someone else had gotten it.

When the hunt was over, I compared my bag's size to everyone else's. Sonic and Shadow definitely had the most out of everyone, but that was probably because they were speed running.

I noticed Tails bag looked practically empty. I wondered if he had even found single egg. Was he trying? Perhaps he was just bad at the game.

I found 18 eggs. Though, Shadow and Sonic tied for 52. Tails had found one egg. But as he pulled it out of its bag, we all realized it beat whatever we had.

He had found the golden egg! I didn't understand how. Was he the one who hid it?

"Woah, buddy! How did you find that?" Sonic opened his mouth in surprise. We were all surprised. Tails didn't look any less happy though.

"Context clues!" Tails cheered. "But it's not for me."

We all looked around the group, confused. Why would he get the egg, just for it to go to something else?

"I want to give it to someone..." Tails rubbed the back of his neck, he looked downwards seemingly embarrassed.

"Who?" Rouge inquired.

Tails said nothing. Instead, he stood up and walked over to where I was sitting. Speechless, I watched as he sat down next to me and opened the egg.

It was a promise ring. I looked up at him in shock. What did he mean by this?!

"Y/N, I wanted to give this to you because I want us to be together. I am in love with you, and I promise to always be there for you." Tails almost looked squeamish at his own words. He looked incredibly red.

Blushing madly, I slowly took the ring out of the egg. The ring was gorgeous, and looked even better as I slipped it onto my finger.

Everyone around us cheered. I barely even thought about them, as my priority was Tails. He was looking at me lovingly and our faces were slowly inching towards each other.

But then Amy interrupted.

"Hey! Cream is here! No smooches!" She waved her hands in front of the short gap between us, and frowned. I sighed but pulled back.

We would just have to do this later.