Amy x Reader (Christmas)

December twenty fourth.

You dreaded this day. And the day after.

The holidays were usually nothing but a lonely reminder that you had no one but yourself. While everyone was out celebrating and partying, you always sat in your house alone.

At first, it was never your choice.

You never were invited to things. Your family didn't celebrate holidays and your friends clearly didn't care about you enough to invite you to their parties.

You always felt hurt when you had to face Sonic. How could he act so nice but be so cruel?

There was this one, pink girl that would always send you something. Sometimes baked goods, sometimes jewelry. She always left a heartfelt message too.

You didn't know much about her. You knew she was Sonic's friend, and that her name was Amy.

She would always end her messages with a little heart after her name. It made you smile.

But you still found the hedgehog untrustworthy. A friend of Sonic's is not a friend of yours. None of them have ever tried to include you with anything.

They never even send you birthday wishes!

Except Amy.

You sat on your coach, staring at your fireplace. Maybe you should do something by yourself this year?

Yeah! Why do you need other people to celebrate Christmas?

You grabbed your coat, darting for your door. You were going to go ice skating! And grab ice cream! Then, get yourself a nice gif—

"Oh, I was just dropping this off!"

As your door swung open, you saw Amy at your doorstep, with a box in her hands. She smiled as she waved her mitten hands at you.

"Hey..." You drifted off, you felt very awkward.

"Actually, I was just going to ask if you wanted to hang out with me? I feel like I never see you anymore!"

You looked away. She was acting so nice and you didn't want to start any drama. But, it was Sonic's fault that you were never around.

"Okay. What do you have in mind?"

Amy smiled with glee as she grabbed you, bringing you outside, the door shut behind you. "Anything you want! We could go shopping, get dinner, go look at Christmas lights!"

"W-well, I'm fine with anything." You collected yourself. No one had been this excited to see you before.

"Great! We'll do everything!"

And she pulled you away.

__________________________

"Y/N, you can't be serious!" Amy giggled.

You showcased a hideous dress. It was horribly cut and thin, and the color was a dreadful, ugly green.

"What? You don't like it?" You swayed your hips, humorously. Flipping your hair just to top the joke. Amy burst into fits of laughter.

"You're so funny!" She rubbed her eyes as you began goofily walking back to the dressing room.

You two had been at this for hours.

Who knew Amy Rose had a good sense of humor?

As you changed back into your original clothes, you noticed Amy's absence when you came out. You walked through the clothing store trying to find her, but to no avail. Was she trying to prank you?