Zonic x Zone Cop Reader

It was another usual day in prison. Of course, since Scourge has arrived Zonic has been visiting more frequently. I wouldn't of minded, if the hedgehog wasn't so damn scary!

Seriously, he used to train me and that didn't go so well for me. He was cruel and he kept telling me how pathetic I am! Now that I'm a zone cop, he stopped being so harsh but he was still quite rude to me.

It was strange, he always picked on me more than everyone else. I didn't understand it. I don't get why he hates me so much. Have I not proved my worthiness? What am I doing wrong as a zone cop?

My thoughts were pushed aside when Zonic marched in the building and all the zone cops had to turn to salute him. One by one, with his arms behind his back he slowly walked by each of us. But not before stopping at me.

"You..." he glared. I gulped but remained silent.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." I hesitantly looked up from the ground and was met with frowning emerald eyes.

"Officer L/N, I wish to speak with you in private, immediately." I shivered but nodded. Zonic walked out and the guards all sighed in relief. Am I going to be fired? Did I upset him?

"Heh, good luck, Y/N. You're going to need it." My friend, Zilver patted my back.

"Y-yeah." I scrambled to my feet and slowly walked to Zonic. He was outside speaking with a few guards but once he saw me he dismissed them.

"Officer L/N, your performance has been rather poor this month." I slumped already aware what's next. "Yet, somehow, you've managed to become the zone cop of the month." Okay, what?

His two sentences literally contradicted each other. How am I doing terrible but also outstanding? I was so confused I wasn't even sure to believe him.

"You can speak, y'know." I completely forgot I was standing with him as I snapped out of my trance.

"I don't understand. How did I get best zone cop of the month?" I rubbed my temple as I raised a brow at Zonic.

"I wouldn't know. I think you need a lot of work. However, my co-workers think otherwise." Whatever, asshole. Just get on with it. He might be scary but now he's just being snarky.

"Um, ok. I still don't understand why you needed to see me."

"As a reward, the other zone cops want you to assist us. Unfortunately for me, I have to be the one to train you...again." As hurtful as his words were, I was still frightened that I had to go under his wing again. I don't think I can take his words much longer. They're so painful. Especially since it's from someone's opinion that matters.

"Do..do I have a choice?"

"No. You shall report to my office tomorrow to train." I nodded my head, not daring to speak more. With that, Zonic walked away. I sighed as I watched him do so.

Why does he hate me so much?

~

The next day was just exactly how I imagined it, a living hell.

"Officer L/N, pick up the slack you idiot!"

"L/N, you're doing it wrong like always!"

"Must you always be a nuisance?!"

"I can't believe I'm stuck training such a weakling!"

All day, Zonic has been nonstop torturing me. This time it was worse because no one else was around for him to pick on. It was just private training. He was like a high school bully! Except, there was no way to get rid of him!