Shadow Boom x Reader (Midnight Stroll)

Of course, it was raining outside. It was typical for Sonic to leave without me but honestly, he's kind of a douche for making me walk alone in the rain.

We had just went to Tail's shack for a team meeting. They wanted to discuss minimizing damage to the village, this would've went perfect if it wasn't for the fact that they always forget me.

I know it's not intentional, but it's still annoying. They're always making me walk home at night, alone. Don't they know thats dangerous? I guess it's just them being unaware of how to be a gentlemen.

I mean I'm not surprised by how Sonic always denies his feelings for Am—

"Y/N?"

I know that voice.

Shadow. Sonic's enemy. What's he doing walking along the woods at night? I knew he lived in a cave, but doesn't he know that Sticks and I live over there?

Shadow and I have never had a personal problem with each other. In fact, I'd consider us rather acquainted. Whenever he fought Sonic and our friends he always kept me out of it in someway, for whatever reason. Whether that be making me fight Eggman's robots or deciding to kick my friend's butts instead.

Not that I mind. I'm just confused as to why he never wants to fight me. I guess it's probably because the feelings mutual. It's not like I ever tried to fight him. I'd only do so if he attacked me.

"Uh, hey Shadow. Why are you walking in the woods?" I ignored the fact that I was probably silent for too long, turning to face the ebony hedgehog behind me. Who was frowning as usual.

"Hmph. I could ask the same for you."

"I live in here..." I quirked my head sideways.

"Yes, but why are you walking alone at night, in the rain? Don't you know how dangerous that is?" Shadow asks rather annoyed.

"Hey, it wasn't by choice. I had a meeting and it ran late." I furrowed my brows at the stressed hedgehog before me.

"And they couldn't bring you back themselves?" Shadow questioned somewhat concerned. He stunned me to silence as I bowed my head down, ignoring his question.

"What's got you walking over here?" I continued conversation, totally neglecting the fact I should probably be pummeling him.

"I come here often to think." Shadow closed his eyes in deep thought.

"In the rain?" I sneered.

"Yes."

"Okay..."

There was a short silence, making the whole situation very awkward. So to end this, I was about to say my goodbyes but Shadow beat me to it.

"Would you...like to join me?" Shadow hesitated. I was beyond baffled. A stroll with my supposed enemy?

"You, are asking me, to walk with you...at night in the rain?" I began to wonder if this was somehow a trick to lure me into one of  Eggman's schemes.

"...Do you trust me?"

What the fuck.

"Do I trust someone who mercilessly beats my friends? I don't know, why don't you answer that for me?" I spat with pure sarcasm. 

"I have my reasons." He huffs before looking away. I contemplate his previous question as he does so.

I'm going to regret this, but—

"Lead the way, Shadow."

Ignoring the surprised look from him, I walked ahead of Shadow and awaited for him to catch up to me. He cleared his throat before walking alongside of me, in utter silence. Well, before I made conversation.