Rouge x Reader

"Hey, hun. How was the mission with Sonic today?"

Not surprisingly, Rouge appeared behind my figure. I was sat up on a cliff, soar from my previous mission with Sonic and Tails, but this was my meeting spot with my best friend and I didn't want to cancel on her.

"The usual. Eggman was spitting nonsense and we kicked his butt. How about you?
Anything with Shadow and Omega?" I rubbed my ankle as Rouge sat down beside me, both of us enjoying the view. We weren't really supposed to be doing this, Sonic and Shadow were enemies and rivals, so we always had to meet in private.

"Robotnik was being a huge baby about losing to you guys today. And Shadow was being his usual edgy self." Rouge let out a groan, her face charted with frustration and annoyance. I laughed.

"Yeah, well, I guess everything isn't always perfect when you're working for the evil side."

I didn't really know what came over me, but I felt slightly angered about Rouge constantly fighting with my friends and I. She didn't ever feel guilty about it either. It just made her look like a bad friend and person.

"Oh, we're doing this again?" She cooed, over exaggerating every body movement which was to mock my own.

"You know how much I hate fighting you, Rouge."

"I don't have a choice, Y/N! This is my lifestyle and it's the easiest way to get my precious gems."

I grew more irritated with her words. She did have a choice. She was just too greedy to stop illegally hunting for her 'gorgeous' gems. Rouge was so selfish. She would hurt others for her own benefit. I was sick of it.

"How am I supposed to be friends with someone who puts diamonds before living beings?!"

I was standing now and Rouge was left dumbfounded at my question. She didn't seem to have a response for me either. I scoffed and ran off down the mountain, not bothering to listen to her calls for me to come back.

That had certainly escalated.

~

"Yo, have you seen Tails anywhere? I asked Ames but she didn't know either."

Recognizing that voice, it was Sonic who dashed onto my porch and impatiently tapped his foot, looking down at my calming demeanor. I put my book down and sighed.

"He last told me he went into town."

"What! Why?" Sonic was now sitting next to me, his face literally right in mine. He had no sense of personal space whatsoever.

"He needed a certain tool for the plane he's fixing. I think he's in that workshop you guys were talking about—"

"Right. Thanks, Y/N!"

Sonic had left abruptly just as fast as he had arrived. I had gotten used to the eradicate behavior though, he's been my teammate for a few years now. I rolled my eyes and picked the book I was reading back up again.

It wasn't too long before my peace was interrupted once more.

"Y/N, have you seen Sonic running around here? I've been meaning to talk to him about our plans for Friday!"

Amy Rose. This female hedgehog in particular I didn't quite get along with. I just found her too perky and boy crazy. Our personalities didn't match. Though, I suppose she definitely had the same energy as Sonic.

"He was here a little while ago looking for Tails. He went into town for the workshop." I explained, hoping to rid myself of these hedgehogs for the day. I liked them, but interacting with them outside of missions was usually a nuisance.