Shadow x Amy (part 1)

"B-but-Sonikku!"

"Amy, for the last time, I don't like you! You can be such a bother sometimes. Just leave me alone!" Sonic slammed the door shut on Amy. She sobbed as she ran into the forest, her dreams being crushed.

Amy sat down next to a nearby tree and tried to control her tears. She couldn't. She loved Sonic, he had always been there for her. So why doesn't he feel the same?

"...Rose?" A deep voice spoke up from behind.

"S-shadow?" Amy turned her neck.

"What are you doing here?" She continued.

"I could ask you the same thing..."

"It's just Sonic." She sighed.

"What happened?" Shadow crouched down beside her.

"He stood me up again, and when I confronted him he told me to stop bothering him." Amy tried to stop choking on her sobs.

"Rose, you really need to move on from faker." Shadow sighed.

"How could I? He's the only one that loves me!" Amy whined.

"That's not true, and if he really loved you he wouldn't treat you this way."

"I guess you're right..." Amy closed her eyes.

"It's late, you should probably go home."

"Okay..." Amy stood up.

"Hey, Shadow?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you." Amy suddenly pulled Shadow into a hug. He was shocked by the gesture but he awkwardly wrapped his arms around Amy.

"Goodnight, Rose." Shadow pulled away.

"Goodnight, Shadow."

That was the first real encounter Amy had with Shadow. The only other time they had seen each other was in battles. They never fought each other though, both respected and tolerated one another and would usually leave the fighting to their peers.

Amy kept wondering why Shadow helped her the whole walk back to her house. She was glad, but Shadow was known to be heartless. Maybe he's not what he seems.
—————

The next day, Amy decided she was not going to see Sonic. She was going to take the day off and clean around her house and bake. She thought it would be the best way to avoid and forget the blue hero.

She had been receiving texts throughout the day from Sonic, but she never bothered to check. The date from last night was his last chance and Amy was determined to keep it that way.

She panicked when she heard a knock at the door. Amy scrambled from the kitchen and opened the door quickly. Relieved, she saw Shadow standing there.

"Hey, Shadow! What brings you here?" Shadow and Amy were definitely not close. In fact, Amy was quite surprised Shadow even knew where she lived. They have only spoken to each other briefly, except last night.

"I just wanted to check up on you. You're not going to do anything stupid, right?" Shadow walked inside as Amy shut the door behind him.

"Define stupid." Amy crossed her arms.

"Like chasing faker again."

"No, I'm done with him. You were right last night, it's time I moved on." Amy sighed. Shadow was actually quite pleased with her answer, but he wasn't sure why.

"Good. Would you like to get lunch?" Shadow suggested.

"Really? Yeah, let's go." Amy was taken by surprise by Shadow's question, but she didn't hesitate to agree. She always had a soft spot for Shadow and it seems that he did as well.