Mephiles x Reader (Amulet)

"Damn, I really wish I had some chips right about now..." Sighing, I placed my pencil back down on my desk and shuffled around with my papers.

I had been working on homework for a few hours now, and it's really been stressing me out. My parents scolded me for my bad grades so I got pressured into studying. I hadn't even eaten dinner yet...and they don't even seem to care.

I plopped down onto my bed and put in my earbuds. Briefly shutting my eyes, I focused on the music playing into my ears and heavily sighed.

Just relax Y/N...

I laid there for about ten minutes until my attention drifted elsewhere. I opened my eyes and sat up, scanning around the room for anything interesting to do. Draw, perhaps. But my eyes lit up when I saw a bag of lays on my nightstand.

"Ha! I knew I had one of them laying around somewhere!" I smiled and grabbed the lays from my desk. Not hesitating to break the bag open and dig into my dinner. I sat back down on the couch and munched, glancing at my phone.

One text made me suddenly lose my appetite.

Logan: Whore.

My ex. Logan. He had been non-stop contacting me since our breakup. I had my reasons for breaking up with him. One, he was a flirt and constantly charmed other woman whilst dating me. Second, he never made time for me and always focused on the girls he was trying to please!

Honestly, he was probably cheating on me. Hence, why I broke it off. But he didn't let it go that easily. He's been contacting me everyday and calling me names, insulting me. He even goes as far as coming up to me in class or at lunch and shouting a insult at me.

Asshole.

I've blocked his Snapchat but he always just goes on spam accounts and adds me. I eventually gave in and added his original account. Not without losing my dignity though...

It was around 10 PM anyway. I sprang up from my bed and shut the lights off to my room. I immediately ran back towards my bed and dreamily sighed in the comforts of my sheets.

My bed was the few things keeping my sanity these days.

"Goodnight, world."

And I dozed.

~

Heading to first period I clutched onto my amulet. It was a comfort mechanism for me and I was truly clueless as to why I felt attached to such a simple necklace. It was a smoky quartz rock surrounded by silver to keep it in place. It was a beauty, honestly. But nothing special.

Still, I oddly never took it off and it claimed to be my favorite jewelry.

"Good morning, Y/N." My biology teacher welcomed me. I nodded my head in response and sat down next to Logan.

"Did you put on a few, Y/N?" Logan snickered. I bowed my head and shamefully looked at the desk. Desperately trying to get away from his glare.

I really wish that the teacher would change seats!

"What? Not going to answer—"

"Ahem, class. I would like to announce that I am finally changing the seating chart today. Everyone stand up and go to the corner of the room."

My eyes widened in complete shock and happiness. Logan rolled his eyes and groaned. Reluctantly sitting up and walking. I cheerfully skipped to the wall and held back a smile as the teacher changed everyone's seats around.

"Y/N, you'll be next to Rouge."

Yes! A female!

I said nothing and took my seat next to the feminine bat. The teacher continued on with the list but I wasn't listening. I was too happy and drowning away in my own thoughts.