!Shifting! Reader x !Spirit! shadow

"Hello again." Your scripted Shadow greeted you.

"Hi Shadow. Where are the others?" You had decided to go to the time zone where Shadow was getting along with everyone. It just made everything a lot simpler and peaceful.

"They are all at the park. Would you like to join me for a walk?"

"Yeah, of course! Where are we walking?" You smiled upwards at him as he started his way, gesturing for you to follow him.

"We'll see where it takes us." Shadow smirked. You just nodded with a little chuckle and continued.

"Y'know, you're really cool Shadow. I like hanging out with you." You admitted, out of the ordinary. This didn't usually go with your script but he wasn't like the people back in your reality. Assholes.

Most likely because he was off a script.

"Me too, Y/N." Your smile faded a little bit. You just wished he was real. That his words actually meant something. But this was all just apart of your desired reality.

"How is school going?" Shadow inquired. You stopped in your tracks and stared at him. How did he know you went to school? You hadn't scripted that. Shadow looked at you with a raised brow.

"W-what?"

"Are you making any friends at school,
Y/N?" Shadow rolled his eyes at your stilled body as he started walking again, you slowly paced behind him in utter shock. Maybe you hadn't shifted? Maybe you were lucid dreaming..?

"How do you know I attend school?" You muttered. Shadow's face was neutral. Neither showing positive or negative emotion.

"As your best friend shouldn't I know that?" Shadow paused, "Or maybe I just know that you shift between two different realities."

Shadow hadn't even said your safe word but you were already getting the feeling of waking up. The world turned white as Shadow stared at you and the next thing you knew you were back in your bed.

You were bewildered.

~

It had been two days without sleep and it was getting to you. Truth be told, you were freaked out by your last encounter with Shadow. He knew too much about you and that was unsettling.

"Could anyone besides Y/N tell me the angle that corresponds since she doesn't seem to be paying attention?" Your geometry teacher snapped. You brought your attention back to everyone else and realized the whole class was practically staring you down.

You assumed how unaware you were was due to your sleep deprivation.

"Caleb." He chose.

And the lesson continued.

And you zoned out again with little consequence.

There were few chuckles that went noticed from behind you. Whether they were directed at you or not, will forever be unbeknownst to you.

The class period had sped by with your daydreaming and lack of focus, and thankfully that made the school day complete. You stood up from your seat and awaited for the bell to ring, sincerely hoping no one would approach you in your awkward standing.

Your hopes didn't go anywhere.

"Y/N, is there any reason why you don't speak when spoken to? It's disrespectful and I noticed you're eyes wandering elsewhere the whole period." Mr. Jalen approached you with a frown.

"Sorry." You stated simply. He didn't need to know anything extraordinary about your life. He didn't need to be concerned about your sleep, he was just a stupid math teacher.