Mephiles x Reader (IB: "Devil's Train")

A/N:
Hey guys, if you want to understand this story I suggest you listen to the song "Devils Train," it's what inspired me.

~

My grandfather was a man of respect. He worked day and night for my grandmother just so he could pay the bills for her and his daughter.

Everything was going fine, until one day he took another path home.

No one understood at first but since that day he had never been the same. He started distancing himself from the family and he'd always show up late and drunk. He started to be a careless father and a horrible husband, earning scolds from my grandmother, he decided to leave 3 months later.

But before he left he managed to sneak to his daughters bedroom and get some final words of wisdom into her. It was as if his sense had just been knocked been in, but only momentarily.

"If you ever have a child let them know that their grandad loved them so. But by the time this is said, I'll be long gone. Just be sure of one thing, make sure they never wonder to the train tracks alone."

With that, he backed up and grabbed his jacket. My grandmother begging him to stay but he wasn't having it. His daughter watched him leave with one thing on her head, keep away from the train tracks, and she went to bed.

Fifteen years later my mother birthed me.

Her dad lived a life none of us will ever understand. He went from a family man to a rambling man, to a gambling man and a drunken man. I folded my arms it was too much to handle, skipped past the train tracks and left that scandal.

My mother warned me of the tracks long ago. She never told me the punishment, although. I stirred away from the tracks and headed away, even if the voices told me to go anyway.

~
Mephiles POV:

"Sitting on the tracks, waiting for the night train.

Looking down the road ain't ever going back.

Listen for the whistle through the wind and raindrops.

Who's gonna ride the devils train tonight?"

"Master, we managed to find a way to trick the prophecy!" Finishing my humming, I glared back at the slave.

This certainly peaked my interest.

"Tell me, pest."

"Her grandfather, sir." The peasant bowed to me. This may be a stupid idea, her grandfather was resilient and didn't give in till months later.

Still, I'd do anything to unite with my bride.

"Ah, get the mortal and send him off." The slave bowed once more before leaving my site.

We shall meet very soon, my sweet Y/N.

~
Y/N POV:

Today was another typical day for me. Wake up, go to school, go home, repeat.

Except one thing stood out for me the most.

It was the strange voices I kept hearing as I walked home, and they continued to get louder as I neared the train tracks.

Now, I remember my mother mentioning something about them when I was younger, but I don't recall what she said exactly. I feared for my own sanity as the voices kept getting louder than I could imagine.