Mephiles x reader (Christmas)

T'was the night before Christmas.

You were settled all alone.

Little did you know...

That there was another figure in your home.

________________________

I had felt on edge since I had gotten off the train. I had even gone as far as to look behind me a few times. I constantly felt eyes on me.

Crazy, wasn't it?

Such paranoia on Christmas Eve! I'm sure it was just the stress of the holidays getting to me. Besides, it's not like I had been sleeping much these past few nights.

Christmas was always a stressful time of year, especially when you're the host.

However, as soon as I got home, the lingering hyper vigilance didn't fade away. In fact, it grew.

I could've sworn that there were two shadows in my home, and only one of them belonged to me!

It was dark in my house, the only thing lighting the room up was the moonlight from the windows. I try to conserve my electricity as much as possible.

Though, with such unnerving circumstances I decided to turn my lights on.

It made me feel worse when they didn't work.

A perfectly good explanation could be that i haven't used them in so long that the bulbs went out and I haven't realized...or maybe there is some sort of power outage!

But the looming secondary shadow looked so dominant and spiny, I knew that this wasn't the case.

I tried for the Christmas lights on my tree. Thankfully, these turned on and brightened the room slightly.

Not enough to help my case.

It was late and I was tired and so I dismissed all of this paranormal activity and headed to my bed. Of course, I had extreme difficulty sleeping. Who wouldn't with the thought of a ghost haunting them?

Was I the next Scrooge?

I tossed and turned for a few hours before I managed to finally rest.

"Y/N..."

I awoke, startled and sweaty. I whipped my neck back and forth looking for the source of that voice, that whisper.

The shadow was at the edge of my bed.

Why was it following me?

Was I crazy?

"Leave me alone!" I cried, practically hiding myself under the covers.

The being simply chuckled. It was amused by my fearful state. I only cowered more, the laughter was more menacing than joyful.

"Where's the fun in that?" It whispered, the source impossibly close but never found.

I slowly peaked up from my blanket, taking one more daring look at my surroundings. It was foolish of me to assume I was protected by my blanket. This thing could probably do anything it wanted to me.

"Are you the ghost of Christmas?"

The tiniest bit of me was hopeful. Perhaps this shadow was trying to help me out or try to guide me back to the true meaning of Christmas. Maybe, things would be just like the movies.

The being scoffed, "Not of Christmas. Maybe of hell." He cackled, erupting in loud fits of laughter it nearly made your ears bleed.