Infinite x Reader (Alone in the Woods)

It's been a few weeks since the Freedom Fighter's destroyed Eggman and Infinite. Surprisingly, no one has seen Infinite since and I was rather shocked to hear that he had abandoned Eggman the minute they were defeated. The gang was still very far away from peace though, the city was trashed and whatever was left to remain they had to fix.

Today, Knuckles had sent me into the woods to go and try and search for materials. They were running low on wood and they needed to rebuild the walls of the Mobian's homes. I happily accepted his request and started packing for the trip.

"Be careful out there, Y/N. No one knows what lurks in the woods." Sonic warned. I was grateful that he was so caring and concerned for me, but sometimes I wondered if he pushed too far. I was always left to wonder if he had taken a liking to me, but I never dug deep into it, due to the fact I wasn't really interested in the blue hero.

"Thanks, Sonic. Although, I think I'll be fine." I huffed.

"I know, I know. Call me if you need saving, please?" Sonic turned his quick relief into a pleading face.

"Will do." I nodded, and just like that, I was off.

It's been a few hours since I entered the woods. I have collected some wood for everybody, but there wasn't much. I didn't want to take anything from the trees so I collected thick sticks from the ground and brought them into a pile.

Just as I was about to reach down for another stick I felt shuffling from around me. I turned around and I saw nothing, so I continued. That was until I heard it again and this time I stayed turned. I noticed some of my sticks were missing and I couldn't help but think there was a animal stealing from me.

Hesitantly, I pulled out my wispon and slowly approached the bushes. I opened the bush only to reveal, nothing. I sighed as I put my wispon away only to feel a tug on my shoulder. I gasped as I twirled around as quick as possible.

My eyes were met with none other than Infinite. Of course, he still had his mask on but he let go of my shoulder when I turned around. He stared at me for a few moments before I spoke up.

"Infinite?! What are you doing here?" I took one step back, fearing his intentions.

"I can still smell your fear, human. No need to fret, I'm not going to harm you." Infinite replied in a amusing tone. If he had no mask, I would probably of seen a grin on his face.

"You didn't answer my question." I sighed, letting my guard down.

"I live here."

"Huh?"

"You mortals are so stupid. I don't work with Eggman anymore so I have no home." Infinite stated, in annoyance.

"I just don't understand why you're here stealing wood though." I scratched my head.

"Survival of the fittest." Infinite said nonchalantly.

Suddenly, out of the blue, I heard Infinite wince in pain as he grabbed his leg and squeezed it. I looked down only to notice a very swollen and disordered leg. It was clearly dislocated, and I realized he needed the wood more than I do.

"Have you reset it?" I questioned Infinite, concerned.

"I never engaged in medical processing's before." Infinite groaned, shamefully looking down at the ground.

"Egghead never taught you to take care of yourself?"

"No." I rolled my eyes, before slightly pushing him down the ground. He shockingly let me and I kneeled down to examine his leg.

"This looks pretty bad. How have you been walking on this?" I concluded, reaching for medical tape in my bag.

"Why else do you think I'm stealing from you? I minimize my walking." Infinite hissed.