29// The Ballroom END

The King's men all froze in shock, now lowering their weapons, unable to think of a way to divert the situation. They could only watch with wide eyes as their Majesty clung onto his true wife in his arms.

A series of whispers surrounded them.

All the other of Taehyung's men who were not present at the scene are now standing close, bewildered at what they are witnessing.

Of all their years being by the white tiger's side and serving him, they have never seen him lose his composure. Taehyung was patient, even with being in front of the rudest and egotistical hybrid in the world, his blank eyes never cease.

Yet here he is, baring his teeth and growling with an intense fire igniting in his orbs. All because someone wanted a certain pretty bunny.

"What did you just say..?"

Disgust was seen in the North King's eyes, staring at how the white tiger held onto the bunny in an embrace so gentle and protective, it showed how he truly felt towards the so called prey.

"You.. a predator.. together with a prey..?"

Once the words registered, the tiger was snapped away from his blinded rage and is replaced with sheer horror. His grip tightened around the hybrid, who now became his life.

He had broken his promise to Jungkook, to wait for him to announce their roles, to be comfortable enough to tell the world.

The thought of losing his bunny's trust and the possibility of him being hated by this precious one makes his stomach ready to throw up and his heart scream in agony until its voice breaks. Without him realizing, his hands were trembling, unknowing what to do to save everything.

"Hey..."

Suddenly, a soft whisper entered through, easily engulfing his jumbling mind into its warmth. Gentle hands caressed his own trembling ones, easing his pain, his fear.

Taehyung wasn't aware just how heavy his breathing was, until he felt one of those hands reach out and lands on top of his chest.

"I'm here.. I'm here..." just the sound of his voice made the tiger halt, his system slowly functioning back to its normal state "It's okay.. you're okay, my King"

If he could, he would've melt into a puddle, or turn into a blanket to cover every inch of his bunny's body, either to give him warmth or to protect and hide him away from this cruel world.

Then, the same hands raised themselves to rest on both the sides of his face, thumbs guiding around his cheeks. The action fully relaxed his entire body, letting it slump against the other's, vulnerable.

"Look at me, Taehyung..."

He sees Jungkook turn to face him, hands still holding on, as if he knows the other will break once they're removed.

Taehyung didn't even realize how close his tears were about to fall as he stared down at his beautiful dark orbs, shining with comfort and.. something more. He sees him smile, clear reassurance and trust, it gave air to his lungs and finally breathed.

"Good.. that's my tiger.."

Those words could already make his heart beat quickening, but what made it almost explode is what came next.

On his cheek, there were lips.

A soft peck on his skin, for something so gentle it left a burn. Taehyung was frozen, unable to think, but what stayed in his mind is how desperately he wants those lips back on him again, maybe in a more specific spot.