Introduction

You know what I hate.

I hate people, well I hate men.

They think they own and rule the world when I'm reality. They would be nothing without women.

I love being a woman especially Aurora De Vinci.

I have my own empire, well that's kind of me calling the kettle black.

I have my own mafia, company, and have built my own empire from the ground up. I've built the De Vinci empire. I've built on my name and intend to keep it that way.

I made sure no person will ever fucking cross me. If you do you will never be more afraid of someone like you are of me.

Enough of me ranting let's get down to business, shall we.

I stand up from my seat and walk over to my knives. How lovely they are.

I run my fingers down the blades then leave the room. All eyes turn to me as I walk out of my office.

By all eyes I mean all my workers. My assassins, 2nd in command, and my 3rd in command.

My 2nd in commands name is a Eliot. He's good at his job but he's always high or drunk. My 3rd in commands name is Rose. She does her job well.

My 2nd and 3rd in command follow me and I walk to our private meeting room. I sit at the head of the table and cross my knee over my other thigh.

Eliot asks "What's our mission?"

Rose sits down next to him and says "Hello Mrs. De Vinci."

I say "Good afternoon, as you know the ball is coming up."

They both nod and I say "We need a plan, the Italians are gonna be there. Seeing we never had the best history with them, we need to discuss."

Eliot asks "So where will we be staying."

I say "The ball is in Italy so we'll be staying at my house there."

They both nod and I say "You're dismissed."

They both get up to leave and I say "Rose stay."

She stays and Eliot leaves.

I order "I want you to make sure no one knows who I am. I want to be under the radar until I expose myself."

She nods and says "Yes ma'am."

I say "You may leave."

She gets up and leaves. I run my hands over my face and groan.

Being an adult is fucking annoying sometimes.

I stand up and walk out of my office to the entrance of my warehouse. I then walk out and go to my car.

Yes I drive myself, I'm not a helpless little bitch that has their own personal driver.

When I sit down in my car I close the door and set my purse in the seat next to me. I have so much stuff to do and it's already 6 pm.

I drive home and make sure to lock all the doors and windows. My house has guards and a gate but I don't trust anyone or anything to protect me, only myself.

I grab my laptop and start making emails and phone calls for the ball and upcoming meetings.

After the ball all the mafias will be having a meeting together. The Spanish mafia which is my mafia, the Italians, the French, the Russians, the Americans, and the German mafias will be showing up.

As far as I know I'm the only female leader. My mafia is made up of 63% women 28% men and 9% non-binary and other.

I make sure all genders, races, and cultures get represented in my mafia. It's called the 21 century for a reason y'all.

Anyways, I will have 6 bodyguards with me. My 2nd and 3rd in command with me also. In total I will have 8 people with me.

I hand select all my members, especially my bodyguards and the people that guard my house. I make sure I am protected at all times, even though they do me no use.

I'm brought out of my thought when I get a phone call. I quickly answer it and hold the phone to my ear.

The person says "Hello Mrs. De Vinci. This is the maid in charge of your house in Sicily."

I say "Ciao Mary."

She says "Che giorno sarai in Sicilia?"
(What day will you be in Sicily)

I say "Martedì, tra 5 giorni."
(On Tuesday, in 5 days)

Darci says "Avremo tutto ciò di cui hai bisogno pronto per allora. Grazie signora. De Vinci."
(We will have everything you need ready by then. Thank you Mrs. De Vinci)

I say "Ciao Mary."
(Bye Mary)

She hangs up and I groan. Who the fuck calls their boss to find that out. I can't stand people like that.

Looks like I know who will be the first person I put a bullet in when I land in Sicily. Apparently it's Mary fucking poppins.

I go to my room that is dark yet light when the sun touches it. I try to be minimalistic when it come to my home. Everything matches me very well.

It has dark gray walls, black satin sheets, dark floors, and black transparent curtains. I take off my blazer then take off my heels.

I strip of the rest of my clothes and look in the mirror. I have a large scar that runs down the side of my body. It reminds me of the hell they put me through.

I fucking hate them. I'll tell you later on who they are. For now that's better off kept unknown.

I step in the shower and run my hands through my thick chestnut hair. I do my normal shower routine then wrap a towel around myself.

I brush my hair and then wash my face. I put my hands on the sink and lean on them.

I look at myself in the mirror again then go to my closet. I change into a pair of pajamas and sit in my bed.

I haven't actually talked to another mafia leader in almost 3 years. Goddamn that's a long fucking time.

I'm nervous but it's not like anything is going to happen. We're going to discuss alliances and other shit. That's it, that's all.

Their not here to make decisions for you anymore.

I feel myself slowly start to fall asleep.

The last thing I think before everything goes back is; Their not here anymore Aurora it's ok.

.
.
.

This is just an introduction to Aurora. The actual action and shit will start in 2 or 3. I don't intend on this being over 50 chapters so it will be a shorter story.