13

For the rest of the day I just laid around trying to process what happened before Axel got here.

It's now the next day and I hear knock on my door. All I'm wearing is loose, tiny, flowy shorts and a cropped tank top that barely covers my boobs.

I throw on my silk robe and tie it before answering the door. It's my father and brothers.

I say "Oh, I wasn't expecting you guys back so soon."

My dad says "We weren't just gonna abandon you."

That gives me flashbacks of that night and I look down at the floor.

Jace asks "Can we come in?"

I nod and say "Of course."

The three of them step in and I ask "Do you guys want a drink or anything?"

They all shake their heads and I lead them to my living room.

They sit down on one couch together while is it down in front of them on the opposite couch. I bring one of my knees to my chest and hold my warm coffee.

My dad asks "So how is the mafia."

I say "It's good, I just made a new alliance yesterday."

They nod and I ask "How long do you guys plan on staying?"

Jalen says "Me and Jace are planning on staying for awhile. Dad might to depending on you."

I ask "What do you mean?"

I take a sip of my coffee and my dad says "Well I no longer have anything to do because you are leading the mafia. I plan on staying by you. I missed you."

I smile and say "Well this isn't my actual home, just one of my many vacation homes."

They nod and I tell them "I actually live in Costa Rica with my dogs."

Jalen says "Do you think you can stay for a while with us while we settle in."

I nod and ask "So what exactly happened."

My dad says "I'll explain, the boys don't remember much being that it was so traumatic for them."

I nod and he says "When you got home something must've triggered me to wake up. I called my right hand and our doctors to check everyone out as soon as possible. The girls had no chance of surviving but all your brothers did."

He pauses and Jalen rubs his shoulder in a comforting way.

My dad continues "All your other brothers died over the next two days. Jalen and Jace were in comas for quite awhile. We have been in hiding ever since. We have also been tracking you and this is the first time we've actually found you."

I nod and say "I'm so sorry."

Dad says "It's fine, I'm sure you can sympathize."

What the fuck did he just say, like I didn't have to deal with the same losses and go through being fucking kidnapped.

Before I can say anything to him my phone rings.

I say "Give me a minute."

He nods and I go into a more private room. I answer the phone and it's Axels father.

He says "Hello Ms. De Vinci."

I say "Hello Mr. Knight."

Mr. Knight says "We were wondering if we can organize a meeting regarding your fathers death."

I say "About that, my father isn't dead."

Mr. Knight asks "What, I thought he was killed along with the rest of your family."