51

I kick my legs up onto the center console and Axel starts rubbing my legs. I smile and him in response.

Aria is asleep but I have to wake her up soon to feed her and play with her.

I ask "What am I supposed to say to my family? Oh hey I got married to the Italian mafia leader and he got me pregnant out of nowhere and now my daughter is gonna be three months tomorrow."

He chuckles and says "No amore, you have to be careful with your words and make sure you don't say something incriminating."

I say "Axel this is not a jury trial."

He says "I know il mi amore, but this is family you're dealing with. If I'm not wrong you have two female cousins, five male cousins, two uncles, and one aunt."

I groan and say "You're spot on."

Axel says "I'm guessing your male relatives aren't to keen of the idea of the youngest girl in their family in a healthy relationship with a daughter."

I groan and ask "Why are you so smart?"

He says "I have a degree in psychology amore, it helps a lot when it comes to the mafia."

I say "I did not know that."

He looks in the rear view mirror and asks "Did you ever do a backup check on me amore."

I shake my head and he laughs.

He looks back to the road and I ask, whining slightly "When are we gonna be there?"

Axel says in a calming tone "Don't worry about that. We'll be there soon. You'll be fine. We'll get there by midnight tonight."

I nod and he massages circles into my legs.

I relax and go onto my phone, reading the newest article about the met gala.

Who in their right mind would wear a backwards BASEBALL cap to the met. That's classy.

I laugh at my humor and scroll through the article reading more.

We get to the Airport and the plane ride goes by rather quickly. I slept a large portion of it. I was also able to feed Aria without disturbing the peace to much.

When we get to Costa Rica it is 9 am making it 5 pm in Italy.

Our driver takes us to my old house but Axel says "We're staying at my house, I had a nursery made."

I nod and yawn.

He reaches over and unbuckles my seatbelt. Pulling me onto his lap, running his hands down my back.

Aria is sound asleep in her car seat.

I lay my head on his shoulder and start to fall asleep.

Axel point of view

When we get to the house both my girls are asleep. I wrap Auroras arms around me so I can carry her. Then I grab Arias car seat and carry them both inside.

I missed this house.

It looks the same but feels different. I don't know how to explain it, it's almost like the energy changed.

I carry them upstairs, putting Aria in her nursery and Aurora in our bed.

I plop down next to Aurora and wrap my arms around her.

She latches onto me and mumbles "Axel."

I nod and say "Go to sleep il mi amore."

She starts to fall back asleep so I turn on my phone: