14

Axel point of view (continued)

As I'm walking downstairs I hear some shuffling by the kitchen. I walk in to see nothing, no one. Nothing is out of place.

Except one thing. Her back door is open and letting the cold breeze in.

This music would normally be so calm and peaceful yet right now it is unsettling and eerie.

The winds noise is quickly overpowering the music.

I shake it off and close the back door. I put all her alcohol bottles and glasses away. I grab a clean glass and fill it with water.

I then go to her room and leave it on her nightstand. I jog to my car outside and grab some medicine.

I jog back inside up to her room and set it down next to the glass. I write her a note and leave it on the nightstand for when she wakes up.

I go downstairs and look around making sure no one is inside before going home.

When I get home I see a package in front of my door.

Strange

I grab it and bring it inside to my kitchen. I set it down on my counter and take out one of my daggers. I slowly glide my dagger over the tape and the package opens.

I open it to see multiple Polaroids with a pair of underwear.

I grimace and dump the shit out of the package.

I see multiple photos of a woman I don't see her clearly so I can't identify her.

What the fuck is this shit?

I hold one up and instantly recognize the woman.

It's Aurora, she's running in this one with Chaos and Lillian.

I look through all the photos. Some are of her on runs, in the shower, getting dressed. Just doing daily shit.

I immediately put them back in the box and call my dad.

He answers and says "Hello don your on spea-"

I cut him off and say "We need to move the meeting now."

He asks "What's so urgent?"

I say "We need it sooner just trust me."

I pace in my kitchen and run my hand over my face.

I hang up on my dad and sit on one of my island stools. I hold my head in my hands and run them over my face.

About 10 minutes later my family walks in.

Rage asks "What the fuck is going on."

I push the package on the floor and it reveals everything. Sage picks it up and looks at them.

She covers her mouth in horror then gags and runs to the bathroom.

My family looks at her then I say "Look at the photos."

My dad sprawls them out on the table and everyone looks at them.

My mom says "That's disgusting who would do such a thing."

Blaze says "Mom just about anyone in our line of work."

Sage comes back out and I ask "You okay."

She nods and wipes her mouth.

Goddam I feel bad for her. She's 15 and has to deal with the shit that comes along with the mafia.

My dad asks "Why would they send this to you?"