Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

            Timmy, Well Timmy loves to cry. He works those vocal cords, all the time. Right now, Natalie is pacing the floor with him, about pulling her hair out. “Timothy James, Shhh” she whispered to him.

            His cry made her words, fling themselves out the open window and she about screamed in frustration, “Natalie. I can take him?” I said standing up, and she smiled gratefully at me as she handed him over and fell to the ground.

            I began walking around the house, patting his little bum while walking.  Humming some tune, and he eventually quieted down. “Why does he always shut up for you?” she asked, amazed at the quietness in the house.

            I shrugged, “You can go get some sleep. Ollie and Mickey are coming over to help me catch up on school work, so I can graduate and everything” I said and she smiled gratefully at me and hugged me tightly.

            “I don’t know what I would do without you; you can wake me up at any time. Okay?” she said and I nodded okay. She kissed my cheeks, and hugged me before darting upstairs. Tim lay in my arms as I sat down and waited. Quinn and Mickey showed up, and about ripped poor Timmy from my arms.

            “Me and Quinn are saving up money to buy a car seat so he can go racing with us” Mick explained excitedly and my eyes opened wide.

            “I don’t think Natalie will allow that, boys” I said giving them a stupid look and they gave me a confused look. “He’s only a week old, guys. Give him time to grow” I said snatching him from Quinn who looked lost without the baby. I just laughed, and sat him in his swing and turned it on.

            We worked on homework, for about two hours until Timmy started getting fussy, and then Quinn got home so I said goodbye to the boys and just settled onto the couch. “I’m warning you. Mom will be here, in five minutes” Quinn said and my eyes widened.

            “Why is she coming over?” I asked.

            “She wants to see Timothy, and talk to you. I think you should listen to her, she’s frustrating and self-centered at times but she’s still your mom.” Quinn said, sticking a bottle in Timmy’s mouth. I sighed, and crossed my arms and didn’t say another word.

            That little traitor, he should have waited until I was ready to talk to her. I sat and stared at the T.V. Quinn sat Tim in my arms, while he went to wake up Natalie. Few minutes later, and the doorbell rang. “Can you get that?” Quinn asked, and I sighed.

            I sat up, and walked to the door. I balanced the bottle under my chin so it didn’t leave his mouth, as I opened the door. “Hi Raine” my mom said softly, smiling at me as her eyes traveled to the baby. “May I?” she asked, holding her arms out.

            “Yeah, Keep his bottle in his mouth, or else he’ll scream” I said, smiling a bit at the thought of his screams. My mother took him so naturally it kind of surprised me. I couldn’t imagine my mother being, so caring and nurturing.

            Natalie and Quinn came down; seconds later and I smiled thankfully as Natalie came and stood beside me. Her arm going around my waist, and I laid my head on her shoulder. My mother noticed the exchange, but didn’t say a word.

            An hour past and Timmy finally was sleeping. “I better go lay him in his crib, it was nice having you over” Natalie said, as she hugged my mother lightly and my mom smiled.

            “Thanks for coming over, mom” Quinn said hugging my mom, and kissing her cheek.

            “Thanks for letting me come over, and Natalie your child is beautiful” my mother said, and Natalie smiled and said thank you politely and then her and Quinn disappeared upstairs and it was just me and mother.

            “Well…You better get going” I said, and she smiled a sad smile.

            “I miss you” my mom said, her hand going to my cheek, and I sighed. “I’m sorry, for not being the mother you deserved. I’ve been thinking, and well…I support you in whatever you want to do. I just want you back” she whispered and I took a deep breath.

            “Mom, You don’t know how much that means to me” I whispered because, that was the truth. My mother never admitted defeat, never apologized and to hear her say that word, sorry to me? It meant the world to me. I rushed into her arms, and she hugged me close.

            For the first time in forever, I felt like my mother loved me for me. Not for my Barbie blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. Not for my high metabolism, or the perfect looks god gifted me with. No, she loved me for me. The person, who ate spaghetti with her fingers, and slurped her drinks, and bit her nails till they were down to tiny stubs.   

            It felt so nice, “Mom I missed you too” I whispered into her shoulder, and I meant it. I missed her terribly, she squeezed me tighter and I just sighed, content in her arms.

            I don’t know how long we stood there me and her, but we finally pulled apart. “See you tomorrow?” she asked, and I nodded.

            “Tomorrow, we have a lot to talk about” I said and she nodded and kissed my cheek, hugging me once more.

            “I do love you Raine; you’re my first baby girl. You’re the one who looks just like me, and I just wanted you to be like me. I didn’t want to lose you and that bond so I held on tight. To tight, and I lost you all together” she sighed, and I smiled a sad smile hugging her again.

            “You have me now, and mom? You’ll never loose me, because you’re my mom. The one person, I’ll always look up too. Remember that” I said and she smiled, and hugged me again. Once she finally left, I walked upstairs and crawled into my bed.

            I pulled the sheets around me, and cuddled into my little bundle. I began thinking about this day, in particular me and my mother.

            I forgive her…kind of. My mom is my mom, no matter what. Just like a mother always loves her children no matter what there like, or what they look like, a child will always love their mother no matter what. So that’s why, as much hell my mother put me through…I love her and I’m willing to make our mother and daughter bond work. No matter how weird it is.

            Zane, my thoughts unwillingly moved to him. Oh, that boy was my first love. The first boy who made butterflies flutter in my stomach, but maybe it is time to let him go. Forget about him, he screwed me over majorly and a pain like that can’t be forgotten so easily, but I forgive him.

            All the tears he made me shed, all the heart break and pain he put me though, and I forgive him because…I don’t want the pain anymore. To let the pain go, I have to forgive and forget about Zane. So, as my eyes began shutting against my will, I remembered Zane one more time.

            His smile, his laugh, his touch, his hugs, and even his kiss every little part of him. I remembered down to the cologne he wore and how that scent would be my favorite scent forever. As my eyes shut and I was whisked off to dream world. I promised myself…Zane would no longer be in my mind, but there would always, be a part of him…in my heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for any mistakes, I'm exhausted.

Just got done with homework, and it's past midnight but I've been feeling pretty guilty lately, so I wanted to get this out to you. So I hope you guys enjoy, and I'll try getting you the next chapter by the end of week. :) No promises though.

Well...COMMENT. VOTE. BECOME A FAN, OR DO WHATEVER.

P.S. Sorry, for the people who craved a snickers...I was eating one at the time I wrote that. Bahaha. :P