Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter, Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

            He looked the same, maybe a bit older, but all the same. His hair was a bit longer and maybe even bulkier. “How are you?” he asked me, standing up so fast that the chair fell backwards, clanking loudly on the ground.

            He picked it up quickly, pushing it back into place. He seemed nervous? Which surprised me but I didn’t let it show, “Uh, Good. Good” I said clearing my throat; I didn’t ask him how he was. I didn’t care.

            “Raine, where do you want me to put the toy? Ollie asked, walking into the dining area all my friends with him, just seeing them made me feel stronger, more in control.

            “Upstairs, let’s go” I said turning away from Zane sharply, and walking upstairs. They all followed and we went into my room, as soon as everyone was in I shut the door behind them firmly and turned towards them. My eyes wide, “I can’t do it” I gasped out.

            Jennifer walked towards me, and wrapped me into a hug. “Yes you can. You’re a strong girl don’t let him get to you. Okay?” she said and I hugged her tightly back. I just stood there for a few moments, before pulling away from her.

            “We have to go downstairs, it’s rude not too” I said running a hand threw my already messed up hair, biting my lip again a nervous habit I couldn’t break.

            “You don’t have to…” Jennifer said, but Ollie interrupted.

            “OH MY GOODNESS, Did you know that Jack and Hannah broke up?” Ollie about shouted, all the boys went and crowded around my computer while Jennifer and I stood there speechless.

            “When did you guys become chicks?” Jennifer asked, spinning on them hands on her hips, anger building up inside her. “Do you not see that our best friend is an emotional wreck?” she asked, and the boys looked at her wide eyed.

            “Uh…” Liam started.

            “Don’t uh me. You guys, get your asses away from the computer and let’s go downstairs with our friend, and be her moral support” she said, and no one moved. “NOW” she said more forcefully and they backed away from the computer as if it was a bomb about to explode.

            Ollie and Mickey rushed towards me, looping their arms their arms through mine and walking out the door with me. Liam apologizing to Jennifer which I found slightly amusing, that boy was whipped.

            I held my breath, as we walked downstairs. My mother smiled thankfully at me when I showed up, and I smiled back in return. We all went and sat on the couch, near enough to everyone that they didn’t think we were anti-social or that there was something going on but far enough away so that I didn’t have to be near him.

            It was nice and joking around until my friends had to leave, that’s when the dread settled in my stomach, Jennifer hugged me goodbye and we all promised to hang out tomorrow then they were gone and I was alone with my mortal enemy.

            “Raine, can you go get that photo album upstairs for me? It should be under my bed” my mother asked, and I nodded. Liking the escape as I dashed upstairs, I was on my hands and knees searching under the bed when it happened.

            I heard the footsteps and the door close before he actually spoke. “I need to talk to you” his voice was like honey to my ears, it was too sweet to be true. I just stayed put, trying to control my emotions before I got out from under the bed and looked at him.

            “No you don’t” I said, looking him straight in the eye holding the photo album close to my chest, as if it could protect me from any attacks he might inflect on me.

            He took a deep breath, running a hand threw his hair. “I’m sorry. I should have told you about her, I shouldn’t of….”

            “I said we don’t need to talk, and I meant it Zane. Now stop, please?” I begged, thoughts starting to enter my head that I didn’t want there that I didn’t need there not now not when I was just beginning to fully and completely forget about him.

            “No. Raine, we have to talk” He said forcefully and I shook my head, my heart was hammering with so much emotions and my head was about to explode, I dropped the album and squeezed my eyes shut.

            “About what, Zane!?” I screamed, all my emotions coming to the center. All the emotions, I’ve held back for years boiling to the surface.

            “About what happened, Raine. You never gave me time to explain, time to apologize!” he yelled back, and I laughed shaking my head.

            “What happened? You fucking broke my heart, you bastard! You broke it into little fucking pieces, and then you move without saying goodbye. Without telling me! YOU MOVE. Now you want to talk about all this, two years later? And well, I DON’T WANT TOO!” I screamed my throat ached as the words spilled out of my mouth.

            Tears spilled out of my eyes, sobs ripping out of me. I fell on my mom’s bed, “You think I wanted to leave without saying goodbye? You never answered my calls or my texts, Raine. What was I supposed to do!?” he asked, softer his voice trying to soothe my heartbreaking sobs.

            I bit my lip, “I was I mean I am heartbroken Zane. You helped me through so much, helped me realize so many things….You were my rock Zane, and you turned out to be my wind. Something to carry me up, and high in the air but then you disappeared leaving me to fall, so hard and so rough that it about killed me emotionally” I said, trying to make him understand.

             He looked at me, and I finally looked at him. “I have no explanation for what I did, no way to make it seem less horrible all I have to say now is that, I’m sorry.” He finally said and I just looked at him.

            I really looked at him, as he moved to sit next to me. “What do you want me from, Zane?” I asked as minutes went by and none of us said a word.

            “I guess, I just want your forgiveness” he said after another minute of a painful silence, I looked at him while he looked straight ahead, and I pressed my lips together tightly.

            I got up and walked towards the door, and leaned against it and looked at the wall, I didn’t hear him move, until he was standing right in front of me. His nose inches from mine, “What are you…” my words disappeared as his lips found mine.

            They were hesitant at first, barely noticeable against mine until I closed the small gap, pressing my lips firmly against his. Grabbing his head and pulled it closer, my body pressing against every inch of him.

            I’ve waited so long to kiss him like this again, Waited so long to feel wanted again, to feel needed again so I didn’t hold back as his hands went on my hips and my lips parted. I was finally able to admit, that I was addicted to him.

            He was like this drug, this sweet and dangerous drug, that I was getting serious withdrawals from, but right now? Kissing him like this, having him so close made me realize how much I missed him.

            “I love you” he whispered as we pulled away for a second, that one second gave me such a realization about what was going on, I yanked away from him. My lips swollen, and my hair was messed up…and I just stared at him.

            “W-what did you s-say?” I stuttered out.

            He looked surprised but he regained his composure quickly, and repeated himself, “Raine, I love you”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to attempt to upload tomorrow, if I don't I'm sorry.
Hope you guys liked it. :P