Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Five.

Chapter Five.

Sometimes I wonder why I dress up. Why I try to be something I'm not. I'm never the real me, not once. I feel like I'm playing dress up at my own house, like this preppy girl with the light pink clothing. Straightened blonde hair, and bright blue eyes was just a costume I slipped on. The place I'm supposed to call home, I don't because I'm still dressed up. Playing the bad racing chick, that I'm not. All these thoughts cross my head, as I spin my fork in my spaghetti. Our Late luncheon turning into a early supper. "Raine, Dear are you excited for tomorrow?" my dad asked, and I looked up sharply.

"Um, I guess" I said with a shrug, and he nodded. Knowing I wasn't in a talking mood, and respecting that but not my mother. Oh no, I wasn't 'hyper' enough for her majesty. "Raine. You know your excited" she giggled, and I pretended to gag as my face was faced towards my plate. I heard someone chuckle, and looked up at Zane. Luckily, Zane was on the other end of the table. "Sure" I said to my mother. She rolled her eyes at me, and I ignored it. "I'm not hungry" I said, and she sent me a look. "Raine Jane Jenkins. You need to eat" she said and I groaned but ate. My politeness gone completely.

"So, Raine are you going to change your routine" Kelsey asked, and I noticed my mom tense up out of the corner of my eye. "Um..." I said and trailed off, biting my lower lip. My mother cleared her throat, "Yeah. Are you?" she asked. Her pointy blue eyes, looking at me. Her gaze was like a steel grip, as the importance of this decision weighed on my shoulder. Which was ridiculous. This was a stupid pageant, why was she laying so much pressure on me. "Um, I don't know. I g-got to go" I said, my chest tightening as I stood up and ran upstairs. I walked into my room, and slammed the door.

"Are you okay?" Zane's voice asked from my doorway which scared the cookie dough out of me. I spun around, gripping my heart but I recovered quickly. "What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice coming out harder then I expected. I couldn't possibly trust this dude, not someone who is so willingly to tell everyone my dirty laundry before he's even really met me. "I was - Your mom sent me up here" he changed it quickly. I shook my head, and laughed a sarcastic laugh. "Yeah, Okay. I'm fine. You can go." I said, and he looked like he wanted to say something else but he stopped his self. Shrugging his shoulders, he walked out and I fell back on my bed.

A few minutes later, there was another small knock on my door. "Who is it now?" I asked, and Rider peeked in.

"Are we still going tonight?" he asked, and I nodded my head yes.

"Were leaving in just a minutes, let me grab a few things" I said, and started shoving my wig, and some nice black heeled boots in my duffel bag. "Come on" I said, and motioned for him to follow me downstairs. "Mom, I'm going to go practice. Rider's riding along" I said, before walking out of the house and too my Camaro. I climbed into the drivers seat, and threw the duffel bag in the back, Rider slid into the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" he asked, excitement in his voice as we peeled out of the driveway and I started speeding towards the arena. "When I was your age, Quinn brought me to a car show..." I said and told him of the tale how I met my two best friends Mickey and Ollie who he has yet to meet. Since my mom didn't approve them. He listened intently, not saying a word or interrupting once. "So, then what do you do?" he asked when I was done. I smirked.

"I race" I said, and his jaw dropped.

"NO WAY!" he screamed, and I laughed.

"Yup" I said, and he just stared at me in pure awe.

"Like fast and furious racing?" he asked.

"Kind of, you will see when we get there cause your coming with me tonight" I said, and I knew that if he was a girl at this moment he would be squealing.