Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

What do you do when your caught in a lie? Do you act like you don't know what the person is talking about, and pass it by as if you have no idea? Or do you run away like a dog caught drinking out of the toilet with your tail between your legs? I didn't know what to do, as my eyes widened. "Aren't you that pageant winning girl?" Liam asked, and it was as if the breath was knocked out of me. My body flooded with relief so quickly, and I released the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Um, Yeah. Yeah I am" I said quickly and he cocked his head to the side. His beautiful eyes squinting.

"I don't know why but I feel like I know you from somewhere?" he said and I scoffed.

Shaking my head quickly no, "Ha. I just have that kind of face and voice you know?" I said and grabbed Ricky's arm. Digging my nails into it which caused him to yelp. "I'm thirsty? Aren't you thirsty?" I practically growled and he nodded his head yes. Liam looked confused at our exchange.

"Bye" Ricky called, as I yanked him into the house. "What was that about?" he asked, his eyebrows crinkling together in confusion and I looked at him innocently.

"I have no idea what your talking about dear sir" I said, and trained my attention on the keg, Liam had in the backyard. I pointed it out to Ricky, and he grinned. We walked out back, and started pouring ourselves our first drink of the night. We clinked glasses, and then chugged it. Swallowing it with one gulp, I grinned. How I liked my beer.

"Thanks for waiting for me, you jackasses" Zane's cold voice said from behind, and we whipped around. I just shrugged at him, and got another drink. This time I sipped it more slowly, enjoying every sip.

"Sorry dude" Ricky said, and I didn't say anything. There was nothing to say to Zane, I didn't like him plain and simple so why lie and say something that wasn't true. "Did you say Hey to Liam?" Ricky asked. I heard Zane say something along the lines of yeah, when it happened. Hands were clasped around my mouth and wrapped around my waist and yanked me backwards. Pulling me into a bedroom, I was slammed to the ground.

"Shirt. That hurt" I complained rubbing my elbows and butt. I looked up too see the shock and angry expressions of my best friends, Ollie and Mickey. There eyes were narrowed, and there arms crossed. "Not cool dudes. Not cool, I'll forgive you though if you tell me the secret of the guy handshake" I said, and they didn't crack a smile. "What crawled up your guy's butt, and made a pie?" I asked, climbing up.

"What in gods name are you doing here? Not dressed up, are you stupid?" Ollie whispered yelled, and then everything made sense. I was about to explain but, Mickey interrupted me.

"This is Liam's party, Liam as in your ex who you were practically in love with and you think the fool wont recognize you?" Mickey whispered yelled, next and I rolled my eyes. These guy didn't want me to explain obviously since they kept going on and on.

"You guys done? You know I can explain everything but no, you just keep on going on and on and on..." I trailed off, and they didn't loosen up there narrowed eyes. "I've already ran into Liam, and he only recognized me from pageants. Nothing else, and I'm here with his cousin Ricky who's friends with Zane" I explained, and the nodded. Loosening up a bit, but not all the way.

"What if it all clicks though?" Ollie pointed out, and I shrugged. I didn't have an answer for that, I didn't know what would happen. I would have to deal with that when it came to that but for now, another beer was sounding pretty good.

"When that comes up, I'll deal with it. Now please let me leave?" I begged, and they moaned but let me out of the room. I strolled back to a panicking Ricky, who when he saw me crushed me into a hug.