Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Thirty-Six.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm so sorry, I didn't have this uploaded when I said I would have this uploaded. Family came down, and everything was a bit busy. ALSO. The song I picked, doesn't go with this chapter, but it goes with Zane and Raine's love story. It's called, I'd Lie by Taylor Swift. Some words, don't go with it, but most of the words do. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty-Six

            Nervousness, that feeling in the pit of your stomach where it just clenches and all you want to do is run in the opposite direction. Hide in your secret spot and never come out, but you could do that when you were little.

            Pretend you couldn’t hear the bad things, by sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming ‘LALALALA’ on the top of your lungs to block out the things you didn’t want to hear, but then you grow up and you have to face them head on.

            No sticking your fingers in your ears, no running away, or hiding in any secret spots. When I called Jane in my room, and gave her a piece of paper. A quick note scribbled on it, saying to meet me at the arena at midnight.

            I wasn’t thinking about how I would feel when the clock struck eleven a clock and I could hear him moving around my house and the door open and close. That was my cue; I yanked my hair up and out of my face, pulling it back with a head band.

            I found my favorite sweat shirt, and slipped it on as I yanked on my worn out blue jeans. I walked slowly downstairs, and out the door I went. The night air whipped around me; making me glad I pulled on a sweatshirt.

            The ride there was so nerve racking, I kept asking myself why I was doing this, and then Jennifer’s words would pop into my head. I got there, and he was sitting against the wall. Close to the same spot, where he first kissed me hard on the lips.

            My breathing sped up as the memory entered my mind, but I took a deep breath and made it leave as fast as it had come. “I thought you wouldn’t come…” he said slowly as I walked to stand lean against the wall beside him. Far enough away that we weren’t touching but close enough to hear each other without screaming.

            “I said I would come, so here I am” I said and he sighed.

            “I need to explain myself bet…”

            “I told you I didn’t want to talk to you again though, Zane” I said and he sighed frustrated.

            “I need to explain myself better. Without you interrupting, yelling at me, running away, and kicking me in the nuts. Okay?” he said.

            I sighed, “Okay” I agreed and he nodded.

            “I’ve known Heather, since kindergarten. We became best friends when I killed a spider for her. Our friendship lasted all through elementary and Middle school. When we got to high school, we were so close and inseparable and made sense to just date each other” he started his tail.

            Right now, I was beginning to feel like a horrible person. I broke up the high school sweet hearts, the two people in school that you just know are meant for each other.

            “It was perfect the first year and then the second, but the third…the third just seemed so planned out. Like we weren’t together for us but for everyone else, our kisses held no spark, no warmth, but I was wimp. I couldn’t end, couldn’t face the accusing and disappointing looks and all the questions” he went on.