Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter, Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

            “Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Timmy, Happy birthday to YOU!” we all sang as Natalie held Timmy over his cake, his small round face was lit up with joy.

            In one swift moment, as the candles got blown out, he dug his little hand in the cake and grabbed out a handful of cake, and shoving it into his mouth. Everyone laughed at him while Natalie and Quinn looked proudly at him.

            Natalie rushed him away to clean him up, while Quinn started cutting the cake and dishing it out, you could hear Natalie laughing at Timmy, “You naughty little boy” she playfully scolded.

            After I got the cake, and Jennifer got hers we both went outside onto my porch that was newly built, “This cake is delicious” Jennifer commented as she shoved a mouthful of cake into her mouth.

            I shook my head at her, the door opened and Zane appeared. His eyes looked at us, with nervousness, “Can I sit out here with you guys? Wes left, and the parents aren’t having much of a conversation” he asked, and I nodded my head yes.

            He looked at me thankfully and pulled up a chair next to Jennifer who gave him a nasty look before ignoring him all together, “Did Liam say he was coming?” I asked.

            “He has race coming up, so he’s training. He might be coming though” she said, taking another bite and I nodded, taking another bite myself. “When are you going to race again?” she asked, and I shrugged my shoulders.

            I haven’t raced in so long, I used to race during the beginning of the getting over him phase, but during it I slowly began to not race. Racing was something that involved thinking about him, so I made up excuses as to why I couldn’t race.

            Busy babysitting, Homework overload, doing a small pageant for my mom, and the famous one…I just wasn’t in the mood. Everyone just quit asking me eventually, and it’s about a year and a half that I haven’t raced my usual racing habit.

            “I don’t know. I have to worry graduating right now…” I said and Jennifer just rolled her eyes while Zane looked confused but didn’t say a word.

            “That’s a load of sauce…tonight. We should go racing” she said happily and I shook my head no.

            “I just, don’t want too. Okay?” I said and she looked frustrated but she didn’t push the topic anymore, she knew there was no way I would change my mind. Not at this moment, the conversation was light until Jennifer had to leave.

            “Were racing soon, okay babe?” she said and I sighed, and nodded yes just to humor her. She smiled a big smile and hugged me back hard, before leaving. I walked back onto the porch, where Zane sat.

            “So, Why did you wreck my car?” he asked not looking at me, and I was surprised for moment until I controlled my emotions and sat down next to him, but three seats away with a thud.

            I took a deep breath, “Because, I wanted to hurt you like you hurt me I guess” I whispered quietly.

            “Kicking me in the balls wasn’t enough?” he said through gritted teeth, and I realized he was angry, I mean I shouldn’t be surprised I would be pissed off if someone wrecked my baby but still he didn’t seem angry.

            “No. It wasn’t. I’ll pay for your stupid car, if you want…” I trailed off.

            “That isn’t it, okay? I’m trying to make up for what I did to you, trying my hardest but you don’t care, you just don’t. What do want me to do?” he asked, looking at me so intensely that I couldn’t look at him.