Break My Heart and I'll Break Your Car. Chapter Thirty-Five.

Chapter Thirty-Five

            If you Google the definition of Racing, here is the outcome. Used as a noun it means, any sport that involves competing in races used as an Adjective it means to move swiftly.  

            Those definitions aren’t good. They don’t define, the thrill and the freedom racing provides. So this is my own definition.

            Racing: Isn’t just a thing to do when you’re bored, it’s a life choice. When you love cars and the feel of leather underneath you and all around you, you’re addicted to the speed and going beyond the constricted speed limits. You also love the feeling of the wind, whipping across your face and blowing your hair in every direction. Competing is in your blood, to be the best and to win but also to just have fun with your friends.

            That’s what racing is to me, the definition of racing that molds into my perspective. All those words which I formed into sentence are the feelings I have when I’m behind the wheel.

            “How was it?” Jennifer asked as I stepped out of the car, my legs shaky from the adrenaline but the smile on my face. It was a smile, that couldn’t be wiped off that easily.

            I bit my lower lip, “Wonderful” I whispered and she smiled also. She ran towards me, and crushed me into a tight embrace, hugging me as close as possible. “Thank you, Jennifer” I whispered in her ear and she hugged me even tighter.

            “You’re welcome, Raine” she whispered back, as we pulled apart. Grinning identical huge grins, she walked back towards Liam while I decided to go punch Ollie and Mickey equally hard on their shoulder.

            BAM, “What was that for?” Ollie asked his eyes wide as he rubbed his arm.

            I walked over to Mickey, and BAM he immediately flinched and went to rub his arm also. “What did I do?” he asked also as I stood in front of them. I cross my arms, and looked at them sharply.

            “Next time, when I say put me down or leave me alone. You do as I say, understood?” I said and their mouths dropped open.

            “Jennifer gets a hug for forcing you to do something you love, while we get punched in the arm?” Ollie asked confused.

            “Are you, like racist against boys?” Mickey asked.

            “Yeah she is it’s the only way to explain her anger towards us” Ollie said and Mickey nodded as if his words made perfect sense.

            “Her unneeded anger, since we were only following directions from Jennifer. Directions that if we didn’t obey them she promised long painful deaths remember that speech?” Mickey asked turning to Ollie.

            “Of course, how could I forget that speech?” Ollie said shuddering and by now I was laughing too hard to be angry at them, I yanked them into a hug.

            “This is more like, what we should have gotten.” Mickey said and Ollie agreed while I just pulled away laughing at their stupidity.  

            I talked to them and a few other races for a couple minutes until I decided to just sit down and let everything soak in. Hours went by, and I raced a couple more times but most of the time I just sat out and let everything soak in. I don’t know where Zane went, he disappeared.

            After a while, Jennifer came and sat down next to me. “When are you going to forgive, Zane?” she asked so plain and simple it caught me off guard for a moment.

            “Never” I said quickly and she sighed.

            “I know he hurt you, badly. What he did was unacceptable, and I don’t think you should ever date him in any shape or form ever again. I do think, you should at least become friends” she said slowly and cautious.

            I let her words sink in, “I don’t want to be friends with him though. I can’t be friends with someone I don’t trust” I whispered biting my lower lip a bit.

            She took my words into consideration, “But Raine. You will never trust him again, if you don’t give him a chance” she said the words, I knew were true but I didn’t want them to be.

            I took a deep breath, and laid my head on her shoulder. “I know” I whispered again, and we sat there for a few minutes until Liam came and told us it was time to go, he would be taking us home since I refused to get in the car with Zane again.

            After I got home, I went straight to my room. I crashed on my bed, until there was a knock on the door. “Come in” I called, and Jane ran in and handed me a piece of paper. I looked at her puzzled but she only ran out the door, giggling and screaming “I did it! I did it!”

            “We need to talk. Sincerely, Z” I read out loud and my heart beat sped up. Thumping against my chest so hard that I bet Japan could hear it...and it felt nice as butterflies started fluttering in my stomach.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's sooo short but I will have the final chapter, yes you read that correctly, FINAL chapter up by the end of tonight, or some time tomorrow....and here's a question for you guys.

Man....Haven't asked a question in FOREVER it seems, HAHA, well here's the question......What song do you guys think would fit with this story? Like the story line, and the love plot. :)

I was sitting in math class, and wondering about it and then I thought, "Hey, I can just ask my fans..." so whaddya guys think? Tell me in a comment or message. Well now, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :D