Epilogue. :/

I watched her, the way she threw her head back in laughter. “Can you believe he actually did that?” she asked, giggling uncontrollably. I just smiled, as she juggled our baby girl on her hip.

I didn’t think we would get here, to being husband and wife and having two children. A beautiful baby girl, my baby princess named Avery. She was about two years old, and the sweetest thing ever.

Then my son Sam, my first born and pride and joy, he was five now. His independent behavior showed he would be a strong man, and a heart breaker with his blossoming looks as the days went by.

My attention turned to my wife then, remembering the first time I saw her. Knowing it wasn’t on a race track, it was on a computer screen. Reading up on her, and learning my competition. I couldn’t deny her beauty, as I stared at the blurred computer picture, but seeing her in real life that was so much more different.

I remember losing her, by kissing an ex that’s now just a date in my personal time line. That period of time, while I was attempting to get over her was a horrible time period for me. Not having her near, not hearing her voice, or having her hands on me. Even if it was to hit me for one of my many teasing insults that were directed her way.

My friends would take me to parties, get me drunk, and throw a girl in my direction. That girl would sit next to me, and the whole time I would blubber about her. How I messed up and how much I wanted her back.

The girls would get annoyed and leave me, but that’s not the point. The point is that no other girl could take her spot, and then my father told me we were coming back. The excitement was too much to contain, and seeing her for the first time in two years was amazing.

She was so different yet exactly the same, I tried talking to her but emotions were running high and it only ended with disaster. Everything went out of my control, and she told me to never talk to her again.

That about killed me, but I granted her wish then the arena happened. I remember this as clearly as yesterday, I was standing in the shadows. Watching her in the distant when her best friend walked up to me with hands on her hips. “Why aren’t you talking to her?” she asked plain as day.

“She told me not too” I said, and I now realized how weak and defeated I sounded but she didn’t take pity on me, she just pulled back her hand and punched right in the arm with all her strength. “Owe” I remember screeching.

“How much of an idiot are you? She obviously didn’t mean it” she whispered fiercely.

“What do you mean?” I asked, and she just rolled her eyes. The look on her face, no one has ever given me that look before and I was bit taken a back.

“Girls always say the opposite of what there actually feeling. She wants you, I know she does.” She said and I just shook my head.

“No she doesn’t. She doesn’t care about me anymore, Jennifer. She just doesn’t. She’s moved on” I remember whispering so softly, the pain still fresh from when she stabbed me with her words.

She looked at me as if I was completely nuts, “If she didn’t care about you, she wouldn’t have been freaking out when she saw you for the first time again. She wouldn’t have wrecked your damn car, if she didn’t still care about you. I mean seriously, if she honestly didn’t care about you, then she wouldn’t care if you talked to her”

“But…”

“No. No buts, I want you to talk to her. Understood? If you don’t talk to her by tomorrow, I will cut your balls off and feed them to the pet unicorn I’ve always wanted. Got it?” that speech is the reason were together now.