Chapter 19 - The Necklace

"Yeah, I have it," Jackie said, over the phone. Her voice went quiet, as she said those words.

"And you didn't tell me?" I questioned.

"Well, to be honest, I was never sure it was yours."

"Seriously?"

"There are a lot of people called Willow in this world," Jackie explained.

"Jackie..." I started to say.

"Do you want it back?" She asked me, seriously. I thought about it for a second. I thought about the possibility of getting that last memento of my parents.

"No," I replied, not knowing what I was about to say next, "your friends will wonder why you are giving it to me, and I don't want any questions being asked. It all needs to stay on the down low."

"You sure, Bradie?"

"Yeah," I answered, not being sure at all.

We soon hung up the phone, and I returned to Indi, Jill, Kristie and Sam (who had just arrived.) Something about this situation still didn't sit right with me. I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew my gut feelings were never truly wrong.

The rest of the season flew by, and we ended up finishing fourth. We weren't able to secure a Champions league spot, which really frustrated us. We wanted to be in that top three, but sometimes life doesn't always work out in your favour.

As the season finished, my contract came into question. Tobin, Christen and I only signed one year contracts, but I knew I wanted to stay. I wanted to stay with United and help them build a solid team and foundation.

"What are you thinking?" Tobin asked me, as she drove me home from our last training.

"Not sure. What about you guys?" I asked her and Christen.

"Well," Christen replied, "I think I might go home."

"Go home?" I asked.

"There's a new club in Los Angeles that is interested in me and I'm interested in them."

"Angel City?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"You so should!" I exclaimed, "go home. Help football grow in LA. What about you Tobs?"

"I have no idea," she replied.

"Angel City?" I asked.

"Maybe," she replied, "I don't know yet though."

"You have a while," I answered, reassuringly.

"I don't think I'm going to renew my contract though," Tobin said, "I think I want something else."

"Well, then there was one," I said, sadly.

"You belong there," Tobin said, "I'm not sure Christen nor I do."

A few days later, I sat down with Marc, to sign my contract.

"So, two more years?" Marc asked, with a glint of happiness in his eyes.

"Yes, two more years," I smiled back.

I signed the contract, and soon took a picture with my number 12 shirt.

Manutdwomen: our superstar american is here to stay! @bradievandyk has resigned with united, and will see out the next two seasons with the club! Aren't we glad our season's top scorer is here to stay!

I took to my own instagram, to announce my resigning.

Bradievandyk: number 12 is here to stay! Two more seasons with my girls in red <3

Emilysonnett: 2 cool 4 school.

Sammymewyy: still have to learn how to work the washing machine bvd!

Kmewis19: PROUD OF U!

Indiharrison: here's to more fun in england together :)

It was soon announced that neither Tobin nor Christen would resign with United, so we went from three Americans, to one. I wasn't too phased, although I was upset. I would miss them, but it would be a new experience.

I soon headed back over to the US, to start preparing for the Olympics alongside my USWNT team mates. I flew over, with Sam and Rose, who both didn't renew their contracts with City. Sam was headed back to the Courage and Rose was going to OL Reign. I was surprised that Sam didn't want to stay in England. She was playing her best ever football, but I think she just wanted to go home.

When we arrived in the US, the first person I wanted to see was Emily. I hadn't seen her since our last international break, and I missed her. When I resigned with United, the one thing that made me question my decision was her. Was Emily. We would be long distance for another two years, and I just wanted us to stay strong,

As we arrived at the hotel, I saw her. My Emily.

"Hey," I said, as I went up behind her, hugging her.

"Who's this weirdo hugging me?" Emily joked.

"Fine, I'll stop," I said, joking back.

"No," Emily replied, turning around, "don't." I smiled as she said this, and wrapped my arms around her. Her arms found my waist, lifting me off the ground slightly, so I rested on my tip toes.

"We've been to a World Cup together and now an Olympics," Emily said, as we sat in the dining room.

"Achieving our dreams," I said, smiling.

"That we are," she replied.

The Olympics roster was announced, and I was on it, alongside Sam, Rose, Emily, Kristie and 13 other of the best American players. We were all so excited to head to Tokyo, and hopefully get the gold.

I loved the idea that Emily and I were on the same national team. We would never have to compete against each other in international games. When we found out who was in our pool, we saw that we had Australia. Kristie laughed when she realised that she would be coming up against Sam in the group stages, but at the time, she was only glad that it wasn't going to be in a medal match... possibly.

note:

- sorry for the v inconsistent updates. currently prepping for exams over next two weeks so just trying to study for them n what not. ill try update when i can x