Chapter 28 - Josie's Arrival

After the quarter final against Arsenal, we were buzzing to be in the semis. It was drawn that we would be coming up against Chelsea, and that, we knew, was going to be a very tough game. Chelsea were in their prime, and were going to be very hard to stop.

After the game against Arsenal, Millie was soon confirmed to have an issue in an artery in her neck. It was unclear about how long she'd be out, but it wasn't looking too promising.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I asked her, genuinely worried about my friend.

"I think so," she replied, "I just need to work with the medical stuff and what not."

"That's so weird," Ella added.

"How long are they thinking?" I questioned.

"Not sure," Millie answered, looking down at her feet. I leant over to her, wrapping my arms around her and leaning my head on her shoulder. Injuries suck, especially when you aren't sure about the consequences from them or how you will get better.

Our next game was against Tottenham, and we were able to bag the 3-0 win. I scored, and so too did Ella and Alessia. It has been a recurring theme, at this current time. Either Alessia, Ella or I would score and sometimes it would be all three. We were becoming the faces of the club, and it was helping attract more fans. We were soon becoming one of the top three, as City had been losing a slight bit of form over the past few months.

The day before our game, I was sitting on my couch in Manchester, not thinking about much except what was on the tv. I wasn't expecting anyone, so when I heard my door knock, I wasn't too sure who it could be. I soon got off my sofa, and walked towards my front door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see the guest who stood in front of me.

"Josie?" I asked, questioning why my aunt had decided to fly across an ocean without telling me.

"Hi sweet girl," she answered, giving me a hug.

"Come in," I said, gesturing inside my apartment.

She came in, and sat on the couch, while I made us both two coffees.

"Is everything okay? Where's Peter?" I asked, handing her the mug of coffee.

"Pete's okay," Josie replied, "he just had to stay in Boston for work."

"I don't mean to be rude, Jose, but why are you here?" I asked her. She took a deep breath, took another sip of coffee, placed it down and then started talking.

"I read the news," she started to say, "and I do that just to make sure the world is alright and it keeps spinning and so on. I also look at the French news, and the Spanish news, and the Dutch news..."

"So you've seen?" I asked her, knowing what she was alluding to.

"Yes I have seen."

"Before you ask, I have no idea."

"Have you told anyone?" She asked. I looked down at my coffee, unsure whether to tell her about Jackie.

"No," I answered, knowing that it would just lead to more questions, "of course I wouldn't."

"Then, darling, I'm not sure how this has happened." As she was talking, I tried to think of all the possible situations in my head of how this could be happening. But I came to nothing conclusive.

"You need to lay low," Josie then said.

"No one knows I'm Willow, Jose. I'll be fine."

"I'm not telling you that you have to go into hiding or anything," Josie replied, "but just try not to draw any attention to yourself." I looked at her, and nodded, knowing she was right.