Chapter 37 - Oosterpark

We spent the next few weeks in the house. At first I thought I would be incredibly restless, wanting to leave and go back to football. However, the peace and calm was surprisingly pleasant. It was a strange feeling knowing I had no responsibilities and I could just be. I could just be stress free.

United start falling with strange absences from Bradie Van Dyk and Jackie Groenen

Manchester United, despite having an incredible start to the 2021/2022 season, have begun to drop dramatically. Drawing to teams such as Everton and Brighton, and losing by slim margins to Arsenal and Chelsea, have cost the Red's 12 points, leading into the pointy end of the title race.

Their start to the season was phenomenal, with Bradie Van Dyk and Jackie Groenen leading the way, topping the goal charts and assist charts, respectively. The American Superstar was performing incredibly, consistently starting and scoring for the Red's, with her partner in crime, Dutch international, Groenen, supporting her.

However, last month, both players, unexpectedly, were forced to step away from the game, for an indefinite period of time. No further information has been found on either's whereabouts, but management ensures that both players are healthy and continuing their training schedules, away from the spotlight.

Many question what this surprise excused absences were in light of. Some suggest mental health issues, and other lingering problems regarding injury, however nothing has been confirmed, with no set return date on the horizon.

We tried keeping up with what was happening at United. Without Jackie and me, they were finding it hard. They weren't scoring as quickly, and started dropping some points. City was catching up, and we didn't like that. We didn't want City to take that final Champions League spot away from us. When this started happening, I knew I needed to do my own work. I needed to start digging myself.

"Jackie?" I called out to her, as she was practising with the ball outside.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come inside?"

Jackie walked over, and closed the door behind her.

"So, I know we both decided to let the CIA do their jobs, but I can't sit around and do nothing."

"What are you suggesting?" Jackie asked.

"We need to figure it out."

"But, I don't see how we're going to do that," Jackie replied, honestly.

"Neither, but we can always try."

We were able to contact Harry, using the burner, with the aim of trying to get Josie on the phone. I had a feeling she knew things. At least, more than I did. Harry sent Josie a burner phone, and forwarded me the number.

"Josie?" I asked through the phone.

"Oh my god, Bradie? Are you alright? What's happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes," I started replying, "I'm okay. How are you?"

"Worried," Josie answered, honestly.

"Don't worry," I said, "but I do want your help."

"Anything for you, my girl," Josie replied.

"I need you to tell me everything you know," I said, "and I mean everything."

"Darling girl," Josie started to say, "I don't know much."

"Please?" I said. As I talked, I heard some rustling in the back.

"Peter just walked in," Josie said, "I'll move rooms." Peter doesn't know anything about my parents, as it was imperative that only the essential people knew. Josie was worried that if he knew, it would put him in danger.