Chapter 30 - Harry's Return

A pit falls in my stomach. I don't want to know who's at the door.

"Bradie!" Jackie called out again, coming in and getting me.

"Who is it?" I asked, nervously.

"I'm not sure," Jackie replied, "I've never seen him before."

I walk out of the kitchen, and towards the front door. When I saw the person, who stood in the door frame, I knew who it was. I had flashbacks of that night in Lyon. The night when I was carried out of my hotel room, and my parents died.

"Willow?" The man said at the door. He was tall, with dark hair. As he said my name, all I heard was his voice. It was the same voice I heard say my name when I was eight. It was the same man who took me from the hotel room, and placed me on the plane. It was the same man that told me my parents would forever live in my heart.

"Hi," I replied, still confused.

"Can I come in?" He asked, and I soon gestured him inside.

Jackie stood awkwardly in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, not knowing whether she should let me speak with him privately or stay with me, just in case.

"How'd you find me?" I asked him.

"I think the first question," the man started to say, "is do you remember me?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I remember you."

"Well, that's great. Wouldn't want you to think I was some weird person who followed you or anything," the man said smiling. He was a cheery person, who had a contagious, sweet heart, making me feel safer than I first thought I would. "My name is Harry, by the way," he then added.

We sat there awkwardly for a little while, until I asked him my question again.

"How did you find me?"

"Well, Willow, or do you go by Bradie now?" Harry asked.

"Bradie," I answered.

"Well, Bradie, we've been looking out for you since you were born."

"Why did you come find me then?" I asked.

"Sorry, before we keep going, does she know everything or will she need to leave?" Harry asked, leaning in and whispering.

"She knows," I answered, "Jack, come sit." Jackie came over and sat beside me on the sofa.

"So this is Jackie?" Harry questioned, "and not Emily?"

"You know about Emily?" I asked him.

"I know about most things, Willow- I mean Bradie." I smiled at him awkwardly.

"Sorry, but now can I ask, why are you here? Why did you come find me?"

"Will- I mean Bradie," Harry started to say, "surely, you have seen the new articles that have been coming out over the past few weeks?"

"Yeah," I said, putting my head down.

"The department is worried."

"But why?" I asked, "why am I such a big deal?"

"Do you not know?" Harry asked.

"No, I don't. I have lived without knowing my entire life. I don't know anything." I said this, quite frustrated with the face he assumed I knew things, when I didn't.

"Bradie," Harry then replied, "you know your parents were spies right?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I know that."