The Bloodshed (Part 1)

Later that evening, just as we fell asleep, we were awakened by the sounds of yelling and loud, quick footsteps storming towards Muzan's room.

"Sakura! Sakura!"

I thought my heart was about to stop when I heard my father's angry voice.

"I told you, Kagaya, we are still trying to find the doctor! You have to give us more time!" came the voice of Muzan's father.

"You will never find that doctor," my father sneered. "He is dead. My vision tells me that he is dead, and that your son tainted my daughter."

Muzan held me protectively close to him as we both snapped into high alert. Without controlling it, we both started to bare our fangs. 

"That's not true!" Muzan's father yelled and went after my father into the room, followed by Muzan's mother behind him.

My father grabbed his arm. "Not true?" he asked. He turned his head to face us. He pointed at us. "Don't those look like tainted monsters, Kibutsuji Masanobu?"

I heard Muzan start to growl under his breath. Veins started to pop from his arms holding me, and his fingernails grew longer and sharper. I was still in a calmer disposition than he was, and I could see his father staring at us in terror.

"We call those demons, Masanobu," my father said. "Diabolical creatures that feed off of humans. You and your wife are lucky to be alive. The doctor you search for is certainly dead, probably murdered and eaten by them." He paused for a brief moment. "In this very room, I sense. Your son --" His finger directed at Muzan. "Is the one responsible."

"Stop this!" I yelled. "Leave us alone!"

"Sakura," my father said in calm, unaffected voice. "By the honour of the Ubuyashiki family, I will finish you off, along with that worthless boy you threw your life away with."