Two Demons in One

"Waaa!" Daki cried. "I didn't even get to eat anyone last night! Some ugly demon invaded us!"

"Oh. That's a shame," I said.

I knew she was referring to Enmu. Yes, that was the name Muzan gave the opium addict demon -- Enmu.

Though Enmu wasn't really ugly. They didn't suffer any extreme deformities during their transformation. But weird? Creepy? Perverted? Enmu was definitely that.

"Onii-chan! I just wanted to eat some more and get strong!"

Gyutaro bit into an apple he was eating.

"You need to eat humans to get strong, Onii-chan! Not fruit!"

"Meh." He finished the apple and pulled Daki against his chest. "Stop crying so much, 'kay?" he said in a coddling voice. "Everything's fine."

Daki sniffled and put her head against Gyutaro's shoulder.

Gyutaro put his half-eaten apple on the floor beside him. He licked his fingers and then used the sleeve of his kimono to wipe Daki's face. "That's better," he said to her. He looked to me. "Daki really wants to become stronger," he said.

"Do you expect me to do anything about it?" I askd.

"No," he replied casually. He pat Daki on the head. "She's not the brightest out there. I don't think she could keep up with your training."

"But, Onii-chan ..."

"Don't you remember when one of those nasty slayers cut off your head and you couldn't even put it back on?" Gyutaro said to her in a kind voice.

Daki pouted.

"Wait, Daki, someone cut off your head and you survived?" I asked.

She giggled. "Ah, yeah. We shared our blood with each other and found out how to combine our bodies. So, sometimes when I'm working, Onii-chan comes inside of me, kind of merges with my body, and we become like one demon."

"What?" I asked. I scratched my head. "So, that means --"

"We think the only way to kill either of us is for our heads to be taken off at the same time," Gyutaro said, smiling. "It's cool, isn't it?"

"Mhm!" Daki piped in.

I hadn't heard of anything like that happening before. It didn't mean that other demons didn't manage to do the same thing with each other, though.

"Hah!" Gyutaro exclaimed. "You're jealous, aren't you, Sakura? That I'm not coming inside you!" He snickered like a little boy.

I was almost speechless. "Ah ... what ...?"

Daki scrunched up her face. "Eww, Onii-chan! That sounds disgusting!"

Gyutaro laughed.

Daki poked him in the chest. "I know what you're saying with that and that's gross! Don't be a creep!"

Gyutaro kept laughing.

My cheeks grew a bit warm.

I put my hands to my face. Fucking hell! I thought.

"Sakura, are you embarrassed?" Gyutaro asked in a squeaky, snickering voice.

Going and checking on Enmu is looking like a good idea now, I thought.

Daki shoved Gyutaro in the chest. "Hey! Stop it! Don't make Sakura-sama uncomfortable!"

Gyutaro didn't pay any attention to her. "So, you do like me, Scarface! Admit it! Admit you'd like me inside of you!"

My eyes popped open wider. I stared at him, feeling a vein pulsing in my temple. My glare caused his laughter to abruptly fall silent. He looked at me, somewhat petrified and nervous.

"Ehm ... are you mad ...?" he asked me awkwardly.

Daki screamed. "Aaargh! Will you shut up!?" She punched him in the chest. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" She hit him on his torso with every 'Shut up!'. She then wailed and started to cry. "I don't want her to tell Muzan-sama that we've been trouble! I don't want Muzan-sama to be disappointed in me because of you! It's not my fault that you're my brother! I'm trying my best to do everything I can!"

Why does it always end up like this with these two?

As if all the perverted energy inside of him disappeared into thin air, Gyutaro immediately changed his disposition and gave his attention to his sister. "Nothing's gonna happen, Daki," he said. "There's no trouble. We're just messing around. Nothing serious." He then looked towards me. "That's true, isn't it, Sakura?"

I picked up the half-eaten apple beside Gyutaro, held it up over his head, and smashed it in my hand. I took the juicy apple pulp and slammed it onto his head.

"Hey!" Gyutaro screamed.

I licked the apple juices from my fingers, smirking at him. "I'm just messing around, Gyutaro."

Daki stopped crying and smiled at me.

I sucked on my finger as I licked the apple juices from my last finger, watching as Gyutaro stared at me. I took another moment in the satisfyingly awkward silence to smirk at Gyutaro, before I told him I'd see him tomorrow and left the room.