Too late: Comet

AN: Mentions suicidal thoughts and actions.

  Please, if you are ever in this situation, talk to someone

Please, if you are ever in this situation, talk to someone. Or come to me, and I will answer as soon as possible.

Song is Would Anyone Care by Citizen Soldier.

Requested by: AnimeDweeb2020

"No no no no." Comet muttered, throwing open the door to your room. The neatly folded note on the bed told him everything, and he wanted to scream. Rushing to the elevator, he slammed his hand into the panel. The machine beeped, but didn't open. Cursing, he ran through the building too the stairs, running as fast as he could up them. He couldn't— wouldn't, be too late.

Would anyone notice
If tonight I disappeared?

Y/N L/N stood on the top of her apartment building, her toes just over the edge. She debated which side she should jump off of....one side was filled with brown and orange trees, their leaves slowly falling off as they prepared for winter, and one side was road, concrete and asphalt.

Plopping down on the roof, she let her legs dangle over the edge.

Would anyone chase me
And say the words that I need to hear?
That I'm no burden
Not so worthless

Comet let out a breath, still charging up the stairs. With each breath, a single word; Please. Stars, please don't let her already be gone. His military training held up as he went up his eighth flight, moving as fast as his body would allow.

Bent so much that I just might break

All-consuming

So confusing

The questions that keep me awake. Would anyone care, would anyone cry

If I finally stepped off of this ledge tonight?
Would anything change, would you all be just fine?

Y/N looked out into the city, into the bustling world.
The world where she just did not fit in.
It was a shame, really, that she had so many problems: that she was not good enough. She stood up again, clutching the small heart shaped necklace in her hand.

All the pain, the endless nights, would finally be over.

Cause I need a reason to not throw the fight

Comet let out a cry, reaching the top level of stairs, rushing to the rooftop door, he slammed it open, crying out.

"Y/N!"

And she froze.

It just might save my life

"No! Please." He ran to her, his form shaking as he wrapped his arms around her, lifting her fragile form off the edge. And that's when he realized how thin, how light she was; she hadn't been eating.

"Y/N, please." He stroked back her messy hair from her face, trying to get any emotion from her. "Please, talk to me." He shook her gently, but her empty E/C eyes just stared back at him.

Would anyone want me
If they knew what was inside my head?

"I'm a terrible person, Comet. I'm useless, stupid. I will never, ever be good enough. Not for mom, not for dad.... And not for me." She ending in a whisper, small tears forming in her eyes.

Would anyone see me
For the person that I really am?
I won't lie

So hard to hide

"I've never felt worthy of love, Comet. I would give up....Everything I have....Just to feel good enough. Just once! Just to be good enough for you!"

Would anyone care, would anyone cry
If I finally stepped off of this ledge tonight?
Would anything change, would you all be just fine?
'Cause I need a reason to not throw the fight
It just might save my life

"Y/N, listen to me. I know you're dying inside. I know that you're Sick of being alive. But please,
Let me in, let me share in your pain. Let me help you."

And before him, Y/N broke. She collapsed into his arms, letting her tears seep into his shirt. He held onto her, supporting her as she sobbed.

He would never, ever let her feel alone again. Never let her feel unwanted again. Never let her feel unloved again.

That night, he made her a promise. A promise he knew he had to keep.

From my lungs through the dark
Spoken straight from the heart
Let me give you a reason to stayIf you're out there still lying awake
If you're out there still wonderingWould anyone care, would anyone cry
If you finally gave up and turned out the light?
The world would be changed if you left it behind
You can't be replaced, no, tonight is the night
You take back your life
Take back your life
Take back your life
Take back your life