Safe: Hunter

A Oneshot for the very patient jennie_saturn . I am so sorry this took so long, and i hope it is what you wanted!

(I will have to say that I have had terrible writers block, so I took a few writing liberties.)

TW: Sad Hunter, not spell checked.

  (Also our favorite Ice Cream store closed and I am still scarred, okay, so I'm depressed.😭😭)

A beautiful woman walked along the city streets, her cloak swishing out behind her

A beautiful woman walked along the city streets, her cloak swishing out behind her. She was the kind of beautiful that people stopped and stared, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted.

They whispered among themselves about what species of Alien she could be— surely not human, although her smooth skin and E/C eyes where all too normal.

Y/n Skywalker walked with a stride that demanded respect. Young twin to the fallen Anakin Skywalker, it was rumored that she was the next chosen one, and that she would be the one to overthrow the empire.

She, although, thought this notion was crazy. With her Padawan braid still hanging from below her ear, she knew that she was not strong enough to beat her brother.

She knew she didn't have the strength, physically, or the anger it would take to kill her brother. Master Obi-wan's words still ran through her, negation and peace always the first reaction.

The Padawan tugged her hood over her face, just enough so only her startling E/c eyes where visible. She sensed him through the force.

Sargent Hunter had always had a strong force signature, at least to her. And as they got to know each other through long, sleepless nights, it only grew stronger. That was the first sign to Y/n. The first sign that she was in too deep to go back.

She found herself counting down the days until the Batch would return from their next mission.

She found herself waiting in the hangar, easily spotting the Havoc Marauder approaching with Tech's crazy driving.

She found herself laughing on the ship at Wrecker's attempts to make Crosshair smile, noticing out of the corner of her eye that Hunter was watching her.

She had fallen head first for the Clone Sargent of the 99th clone squadron.

And now, as she crept along the Alleyway, she told herself that she wouldn't say anything to him. She would observe to see— to see if the rumors from Rex where true. To see if they really had gotten their chips removed. Until then, she would not put herself in a place where she could be easily hurt. Just like she had with her brother.

The dinner was supposedly owned by a former partner of the Jedi, Sid. As Y/n crept to the back of the restaurant, sitting down at the darkened booth, she waited.

It wasn't long before she saw Wrecker come out of a room from in the back, a small blonde girl trotting after him. Rex had mentioned the girl, saying that she was also a defected clone. He also said that her name was Omega.

They sat down at a table not far from her, the screech of their chairs sounding as they pulled back their chairs.

A waitress droid came to take her order, which she did in a hushed whisper. Wrecker looked up and glanced her way, but didn't seem to recognize her.

She knew Hunter walked into the room without looking up. The strength from his force signature seemed to radiate heat and warmth, and she wanted nothing more to run up to him.

The waitress droid returned, placing a carton and a glass of blue milk at her table. Y/n risked a glance, her heart freezing in her chest when his eyes where already on her.

She watched him inhale shakily, his eyes watering. Oh, Maker, she didn't want to make him cry.
She stood up, barely having time to dust off her robes before he was next to her, pulling her into the tightest hug she had ever had.

"You're alive." He breathed, his armor digging into her ribs. She didn't care, hugging him back with equal force.

"Yes." She choked out, her grip tightening. "I'm alive."

Hours later:

Y/n sat alone in the booth, many papers and scrolls and books piles before her. Sighing, she rested head on her hand, trying to make sense of the ancient Jedi prophecies. Using her hand, she flipped over a Comm, re-playing her masters recent Message to the Final Jedi.

"This is Jedi Master Obi-wan Kenobi. I regret to inform you that the republic—"

She turned the Comm off, a frown on her Beautiful face. She had listened to the message a thousands times, each time hoping to find a clue to where her master was. With his help, they could overthrow her brother. But, of course, they would need to plan...

"What's on your mind, cyare?" Hunter asked, sliding into the booth next to her. Placing a hand on her leg, he lovingly placed a kiss on her temple, his chapped lips brushing her skin.

"I don't know what to do." She choked, putting her head in her hands.

The clone Sargent frowned, picking up a scroll in his hand, his long fingers tracing the hand written lines.

"I think you need to take a break." He says gently, looking at her sideways. "Come back to the Havoc Murauder and get some rest."

"I can't." Y/n says quickly, taking the scroll from him. "Ever minute I waste is a minute that Anakin gets stronger, and farther away from the light," Hunter notices that the Jedi's hands shake as she tries to organize all her paperwork into orderly piles, failing miserably. "I don't have time to relax. I- I have to find master Obi-wan. He will be able to help me."

She looks up at him, forcing a smile onto her face while tears run down her cheeks.
"I will be able to Rest once I have Anakin back. Until then, I-I have to keep trying."

She pulls all her paperwork into her satchel, before looking at Hunter. His face is downcast, his brown eyes pained. But he knows that this is what she has to do— and that this is what she needs. How can he be selfish and ask her to stay?

"Once you are done..." he paused, watching as she slung her satchel over her shoulder, her face contorted from trying to keep herself from sobbing. "When you are done, you always have a place with us."

They stared at each other, as if trying to memorize each other's features. He slipped out of the booth, and she slipped out after him.

Standing on her toes, she pressed a kiss to his lips, her hand raising to his shoulder.

"I love you." He said quickly, gripping her hand.

"I love you too. May the force be with you."