Chapter 6: "... Always causing trouble."

"We're off to the mean girl's den," Jessie said as she took her camera from her locker.

"More like the antagonist den," I said sarcastically.

"Just remember that your 'soulmate' is one of the cheerleaders," she said, using air quotes that refer to Joy being my soulmate. She didn't believe my story about Joy being my soulmate, but she acted as she understood me.

"But cheerleaders changed my 'girlfriend'," I said, rolling my eyes and using air quotes at her. Jessie waved me off and ignored my last remark. When we enter the gym, it's still empty, and it looks like the cheerleaders are still changing.

"Stay here while I'm gone, alright?" Jessie said while I sat comfortably on the bleachers.

"You say that like I'm a dog or something," I narrowed my eyes at her.

"More like a menace to the cheerleaders since you've held grudges against them," Jessie said as she forced a smile.

"Right. You better give me a treat at the end for being a good girl."

"Thank you for making this easy for mommy," Jessie patted my head, and I flipped her off.

"Haha," I laughed sarcastically and pushed her away, "go away bitch."

We waited for a couple of minutes, and finally, the cheerleaders came from the locker rooms. I saw Lydia wearing a pink sports bra and grey shorts. It reminds me of her first practice, she wears shorts and a jacket, but now she's not shy to wear a bra in public. I remember shouting her name, telling her that she did an excellent job of doing a backflip. I missed the old days.

"Hey babe," I greeted her as she was surprised to see me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Lydia snaked her arm around my neck and kissed my lips. I put my arm around her waist.

"I'm here watching you as usual," I told Lydia, and I noticed a necklace dangling on her neck, "hey, you wear the necklace," I said happily.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that. Anyway, I feel you've rarely watched me now," Lydia pouted.

"Really? I'm sorry," I apologized to Lydia. When I was going to go for a kiss again, a cough interrupted us. I see Joy with her arms crossing in front of her chest, waiting for us to finish. She's looking beautiful as ever with her black tank tops and shorts. I didn't see any red marks on her neck, maybe it disappeared, or she covered it with makeup.

"That's my cue, see you later," Lydia said as she snapped me from my daydream.

Jessie approached me and showed me her camera screen as I returned to my seat. It was me kissing Lydia while Joy looked at us awkwardly, "what do you think is the perfect caption for this photo? 'Kissing in front of my side chick'? Or 'Making out in front of my mistress'?"

"You better delete that, you bitch," I tried to take Jessie's camera, but she pulled away.

"I want 50 bucks," Jessie blackmailed me.

"No way," I protest.

"25 bucks and a lunch tomorrow," Jessie suggested.

"Make it ten," I added.

"Fifteen bucks and two days lunch."

"Fine, deal," I said, and we shook hands.

"Deal. Now excuse me," Jessie continues to observe the cheerleaders.

"Harris"

I saw Joy walking over me still with her arm crossed. I could see the disappointment on her face, "That was unnecessary," I said.