Chapter 45: "There was no Us from the start."

Prepare for a long ass chapter!

***

CLAUDE'S P.O.V

Even after weeks of Wayne's death, I still dreamed of his memory. It was the day of his death. He was talking with Martin about how he disappointed Martin and thought about cancelling their marriage. Kinsley and I danced a little (after a big fight because I told Joy the truth), we successfully made Wayne end the engagement, and when Martin stumped his way to the door. That made me think, isn't that what Joy said about Martin getting out of the room mad?

That dream must hold a deep meaning behind it.

Today is Saturday, and I have to meet Dion at a cafe. The weather was nice when I arrived. I saw people drinking their coffee while talking to their partners and someone alone reading her newspaper. I sat in front of Dion on the empty chair. He looked up and tapped his watch, "you're late."

"I'm only five minutes late," I said, shrugging, and went inside to buy a coffee. Walking back with the coffee in my hand and asked, "so, what do you want to talk about?"

"First thing first, I'm sorry," Dion got up and clenched his fist. He punched me in the face and made me winch in pain.

"What was that for?!" I screamed.

"That was for my sister. You had one job, and you fucked it up!" Dion scolded me, but all I could do was wipe my nosebleed, "I told you not to say anything about the soulmate thing, and you did it."

"She deserves to know, Dion. This is all my fault," I look down at my feet, "if my future self didn't come back, Wayne wouldn't die."

I think Dion understands this part because he feels sympathetic toward me. He hands me his handkerchief, and I blow a lump of blood from my nose, "Didn't I tell you? It's destiny. Whatever happens, is destiny, and we can't do anything about it."

"No, It's not that ," I leaned closer to him so no one could hear what I was about to say, "Kinsley told me in her timelinethat... Joy died."

Dion leaned back in shock as he took a drink of his coffee, "who killed her?"

I exhaled a bunch of air, "she killed herself."

"My future self didn't tell me about that," Dion clenched his fists, "now that we know about that. It means we got a second chance to save Joy."

"I know," I nod in agreement, "but I can't do anything anymore. I failed to keep her mine, Dion. I'm sorry."

"Hey, we know what happened if you tell her. But you can't give up," he gave me a genuine smile, "I already cleared up some misunderstanding with her, including I'm also in the soulmate thing."

"You did?!" I asked in surprise, "how did she take it?"

"She took it well, she understood, but she still doesn't trust you," Dion answered, "you need to talk to her."

"I know, but I'm scared," I sighed in defeat.

"You love her, right?" Dion smirked at me.

"I love her so much."

"Then fight for it."

"I'm trying. I'm just respecting her feeling. If she doesn't want to just me, then whatever," I shrugged.

"Is that what you want, Harris?"

"No..." I slowly shook my head.

"Talk to her then," Dion said.

"I'll try," I nod my head.

"Alright then," he stood up and buttoned his suit, "Joy will come to school on Monday. I'm not telling you to talk to her right away. Give her a moment, then you can talk to her, but if I don't hear good news from her, you're dead."