Chapter 47: This is how our story ends.

I'm done with my homework, and I'm back to writing!

Oh, and don't forget to check my Twitter because I drew Claude and Joy ;)

Anyway, enjoy.

-chicken

***

"Hey, are you done packing up?" I saw Joy's head popping out from the door. She opens the door but then puts her hand on her back. I wonder what she's holding behind her back? I can't see what it is because of her oversize jacket.

"In a second, what's that behind your back?" I asked as I finally put all of my clothes inside.

"Oh, this?" she revealed the thing she was holding, and it was a flower bouquet. I never received this kind of gift when I was with Lydia, I was the one who was giving her stuff, "I passed by a flower shop on my way here and thought, why not buy you one since you got out from the hospital, right?"

"Yeah. It's beautiful," I approached her and accepted the flowers. I sniffed the flowers, and they smelled really good, "it smells just like you. Thank you," stepping close to her and kissing her cheeks. Whenever I kissed her, she would always be flustered, and she'd feel happy. But this time was different. She was flustered but sad at the same time.

"Are you okay?" I ask in worry.

"Yeah, I'm okay," she asked as she walked to the bed and grabbed my duffle bag.

"You seem sad."

She stopped before opening the door, and she asked me again without looking at me, "how did you get that idea?"

"I can still feel your emotion," I said, smirking and tapping my temple.

"Oh, right. I forgot about that," she said and opened the door. My parents weren't here because they have an important buyer today, and Jessie didn't want to interrupt my time with Joy. I don't know why she would do that because she always butted into anyone's time. I miss her though, but I'll meet her at school.

When we finally got in Joy's car, I asked her, "do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm taking you to the pier you liked. We'll talk there," Joy answered with a smile. I was not too fond of the sound of that. Did I do something that made her mad? But she just gave me a bouquet, "don't worry, you're not in trouble, Harris," Back with the old nickname. It feels better hearing the last sentence from her. I nodded, and we continued to drive to the pier.

I wonder what she wants to talk about. I lean my head on the window as I stare outside. My thoughts were full of questions. Did something happen to Dion? Or maybe Emilia? Martin? Or Mister Smokey? I tried reading her mind, but I found nothing. Why must there be a time when I can't read her mind? That's lame. But, if she's still feeling sad, the gift I'll give to her will make her happy. I've been holding on to this gift for a long time because this is supposed to be her birthday gift, but remember we broke up? Yeah, I can't give it to her, and I thought this would be a great time to give her.

I looked at the goddess next to me, and she was staring at the road. I don't know if she's focusing on the road or not in the mood. Whenever we were in the car together, she would reach for my hand and hold it for the rest of the road. But why isn't she?

We arrived at the pier and walked side to side to the seat we once sat together—the place where I thought about everything in my life. I'm so happy to share this place with the love of my life. While walking there, I tried to grab her hand, but she pulled away. What's wrong with her? We sat together, and she let out a loud sigh.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"You know I'll be studying abroad in the UK, right?"

I looked down and felt sad at the information. Feeling sad that she has to go for a long time to pursue her dreams. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I'm so happy for her, but sadly, we'll have a long-distance relationship (And that's if she agrees to get back together with me).