Chapter 8: "... a special place in my heart."

CLAUDE'S P.O.V

"You know that I've missed you, right?" I faked a smile at Kinsley.

"Nonsense, I know you want something," Kinsley said.

"Well, who are you? What do you do? I mean, how can you inside me now?" I shoot Kinsley, a bunch of questions.

"One at a time, please. I said I only give you one piece of information in each of our meetings," Kinsley cocked her head, "choose one."

I rubbed my chin to think of a question, "how did I forget things every time I came to Joy's memories? You didn't answer it in our last meeting."

Kinsley sighed, "come, let's sit."

I groaned, "Where are we anyway?" I asked Kinsley while I looked around the environment.

It's a big hospital room- too big for a single person. It had a sofa, a tv, and a coffee table. Next to it, there's the bed with a woman sleeping. The woman looks fragile. Her face is pale, and so is the skin of her body. Who is this?

"We're inside a hospital, and this is Joy's mother," Kinsley said as she sat on a sofa and I sat on the other end.

"The memories can wait. Now, start explaining."

Kinsley pursed her lips, "I replaced the memory before memory with this because I need you to remember. This dream is more of a lucid dream, the human brain cannot accept many lucid dreams, or they will start to have a hard time determining which is real and which is a dream."

I narrowed my eyes at Kinsley, "English, please."

"I am speaking English! Do you want me to say it in Spanish?" Kinsley tilted her head.

"Then, why do you need to replace my memory before this?" I asked as I leaned closer to Kinsley.

"Because sometimes we always forget our dreams. So I put this dream inside your memory so you won't forget," Kinsley answered.

"Then, how about the telepathy?"

"I think that's the side effects. That's it for today. We have a job to do," Kinsley said as she stood up.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. I walk towards the woman who's sleeping peacefully. I could see the resemblance between her and Joy. Her hair, lips, and eyes when she opens it because the door opened. Mr. Wright walked through the door with ten-year-old Joy with his seventeen-year-old son behind him. I assume that's Joy's brother. He's like the boy version of Joy.

"Mommy!" Joy exclaimed and went to bed, "Mommy, do you know I got a perfect score on English," Joy said as she showed her a piece of paper with an A-plus mark. Her mother took the paper and smiled.

"That's great news, honey. I'm so proud of you," Mrs Wright lifted her hand and brushed Joy's head.

"Why don't you stay with your mother for a while, while Dion and I look for food to eat," Mr Wright said, and Joy nodded. He took Joy up to the bed and placed her daughter next to his wife. He leaned over to his wife and kissed her forehead, "I'll be back."

I didn't know Joy's father was this nice. What changed him?

Mrs Wright nodded and caressed Joy's cheeks. Enjoying the view of her beautiful daughter while she has the time. Joy noticed an emerald ring on her mother's finger and questioned it, "mommy, I've never seen this ring before. Where did you get it?"

Her mother smiled at the question and twisted the ring on her finger to get a good look at the ring, "this is my engagement ring when your father proposed to me to marry him."