Chapter 7: "How's your day, Joy?"

Left to right: Dion Wright, Claude Harris, Jocelyn Wright, Martin Clifford, Wayne Wright (Joy Father), and Kinsley.

***

JOY'S P.O.V.

"What's up with Lydia?" My friend, Rebecca, asked me. She's also as annoyed as I am towards Lydia. She has been ordering around the team even though I'm the group's captain. Somehow she thinks that she's the one who has the team in her hands. If she screwed up, I'm the one to blame here. I can't let her dominate me again.

I shook my head, not commenting on Rebecca's question as we walked into the empty hallway. We walked towards the parking lot, and I saw Harris's car on my way. I can see Lydia throwing hands at Claude, and she looks weary from listening to Lydia's bulls. I would throw Lydia off the ground if I were Claude. I can't imagine how it feels to be with someone like Lydia. I keep seeing Lydia hooking up with many boys whenever Claude is not around. Anywhere anytime.

I still remember her face when I gave Claude her jacket back. Maybe I shouldn't have done that in front of Lydia.

"I swear if I have the opportunity to kick Lydia's ass, I would."

"Ditto," I said, agreeing to Rebeca's statement.

"What does that bitch think she is? She doesn't know what you're capable of," Rebecca said as she opened her car door next to mine.

"Let's see what happened next, and maybe I'll finally snap," I said while unlocking my car.

"We'll see, anyway. Girl, I'll see you tomorrow!" Rebecca said, and she kissed me goodbye.

"You too, girl!" I said, and I went inside my car. I waited for Rebecca out of the school, putting my head on the steering wheel. I let out a harsh breath. I felt exhausted from smiling, and I raised my speech intonation all day to act like I was the perfect girl they thought I was.

I'm far from perfect. My dad's been a screw up since my mom died from cancer. My house felt like a prison to me, and I had to ask a million permission from my dad to allow me to drive on my own. Not to mention my crazy ass fiancee- I don't even consider Martin my fiancee from the start. He's a predator, abusive, manipulative, and I can talk about how screwed up Martin is for a whole day. My life is like hell. The only thing that kept me alive was my brother, Dion. He always tries to

Martin had to choke me, which I had to cover with a concealer. Yesterday I forgot to cover my neck, and I think Claude noticed it. The look on her face when she saw it, she looked different. I can feel a pure rage flowing her body- I don't know why, but I can feel her emotion all day. She looked happy when she caught me watching the play. She looked touched when I said I like to write and act. She also seemed furious when she saw my neck.

But, I feel relief to know that someone cares about me. It's not that Rebecca doesn't care about me. That girl is everything in my life, but it's just different from Claude.

I saw Claude's old car driving away from the school. I decided to leave the school too and towards my house. About half an hour drive, I finally arrived at my house. I stopped infront of the gate with the letter 'W' in the middle, and I opened my window car, "It's me, Joy," I said to the gate intercom.

"Welcome home, Miss Wright," said the security through the intercom, and the gate opened. I drove a couple of minutes to my house. Then, I was greeted by a man with grey hair and a beard. My butler, Benson. His age is a bit old but strong enough to walk back and forth on the stairs. He was a secret agent before my father hired him as my butter.

"How's your day, Joy?" Ben asked. Benson is the only staff in my house who doesn't call me Miss Wright or Jocelyn because he's sticking with me all day as my butler. He's going to have to drop the formality, at least.