Chapter 40: "What's the meaning of this, Jocelyn?"

I have to maintain a space between Joy after knowing that Martin has been keeping an eye on us, and it's killing me inside.

Today, my activity was only school work and playing video games with Jessie. I bought FIFA 2021 today, and I guess it wouldn't hurt a little to play on a school night.

"Dude, you can't keep doing this- mother trucker!" Jessie exclaimed as I made another goal.

"Doing what? Beating you at this game? You're just a noob, Jess."

"What? No, I don't care about the game. I was talking about Joy," Jessie said.

"Oh, what about it?" I said and turned my attention to the game.

"You can't keep avoiding her all the time-"

"That's another goal right there!" I said joyfully

"Claude!" It scared me when Jessie said my full name in high intonation, "give me this damn controller," she grabbed the controller from my hand and walked to the window.

"I'm going to throw this damn controller outside if you don't pay attention to me," Jessie threatened me, and I had to give in.

"Alright, fine. Let's talk," I said, patting next me on the bed, "I'm not avoiding her. We went on a date, and sometimes I went to her mother's house too. We're still together, Jessie. She's even okay with it. Why are you the one who's complaining?"

"Because I care about her. She deserves all the attention she needs."

"I am giving her the attention that she needs. Did you know last week I made her cum three times-"

"Oh fuck that! that's not my point, Claude!" Jessie made a disgusting face, "please don't tell me about your sex life. I can't even imagine seeing you naked."

"You're hopeless, Claude," Jessie said, shaking her head.

I grabbed the controller, and we went back to the game. I didn't want to talk about it because I was not too fond of it too. I hate that there's a gap between us. I hate that I have to keep my distance for her safety.

"I'm giving Joy her time to study, Jess. You know our last semester exam is in a month, right?" I reminded her.

"I am aware of that, thank you," Jessie said.

"She's also studying for Oxford."

"Damn, that fast? I don't even know where to go- oh wait, I got a scholarship."

"And next week is her birthday. I remember everything about her," I said, "just because I'm keeping a space between us doesn't mean I don't care about her. I'm still aware of everything that's happening."

I care about her. I love her.

I need to do this for her sake.

"I hate that you two are keeping a distance," Jessie's remarks touched me because she rarely complements my romantic life, "I want to see how stupid you are when you fall in love."

Nevermind.

"I hate you," I said, giving her the middle finger.

"I love you, and I scored a goal. Finally!" Jessie exclaimed, "in your face, doofus."

"You only have one point, Jess. Mine is seven-"

"Shut up."

I kept beating her in soccer, and we finished the first round. We went to another game and star with a zero-zero point. Suddenly an idea came to my head, "what if I try to find the guy stalking me with Joy?"