Chapter 10: "... it seems I forgot."

After I changed my clothes to clean ones, there's one last period of the day, "I say we skipped school and go to the beach," I said to Jessie as I locked my locker.

"It's only one period, Claude. Don't be dramatic," Jessie said, "except you're too horny to study."

"Ew, you and your brain," I said, scrunching my nose.

"Oh no, girlfriend approaching," Jessie said, turning my head to the view of Lydia walking towards me.

"So, what do you think?" Lydia raised her eyebrow.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, smirking and leaning to her ears, "I think it's hot."

Lydia giggled, "Great. Then, it's cool if I go to Cain's party, right?"

I narrowed my eyes in confusion, "when?"

"Tonight," Lydia sighed, "I've shown you that Cain and I have nothing going on by choosing you back there."

I scratch the back of my neck. I mean, she did, though, but...

"You can come too, you know? You can bring Jessie too."

"I'm sold," Jessie said as she looked at me.

I groaned, "Fine."

Lydia cheered happily and kissed my cheek, "Thanks. I'll be going with my girls, so you don't have to pick me up. Love you!" She left for the class.

I look at Jessie and fold my arm. In defence, she took her hands up, "Don't worry about me. I don't need any lift."

I rolled my eyes because that's not what I would talk about. Jessie and I went to our classes, sitting on my chair. After Mrs Anna took attendance, I decided to sleep because I wanted this to end quickly.

~~~

"Wow, you're early," I felt a light kick on my stomach.

I opened my eyes to see I was lying on the floor. I look up to see Kinsley in front of me.

"This isn't a good time, Kinsley!" I said as I stood up.

"What do you mean?" Kinsley said.

"Because..." I stopped when I tried to think, what was it? I can't remember, "I can't remember."

Kinsley shrugged, "well, it's not my fault you're dreaming now."

"Screw you," I groaned as I looked around the environment. In front of me, there's the living room facing the fireplace with a complete sofa set and a coffee table in the middle. I looked over the vast window; they have a huge balcony. I walk over to the window to see the scenery, and it seems like we're at a mountain.

It's beautiful. I've always wanted a house with scenery.

"Let me guess," I turned around to face Kinsley, "this is Joy's old house?"

"That's right. You're getting better at this," Kinsley nodded in amused.

"Dion, tell your sister to hurry," Mr Wright said as he brought his suitcase outside his house.

"Yes, father," Dion answered, and he proceeded to the staircase. Kinsley and I followed behind him. When Dion arrived at Joy's room, he opened the door and revealed her sister on the floor holding a kitten, "Joy, you need to hurry."

I looked around her room. It's a basic child room with pink taking over. The bed is pink, the table is pink, the closet is pink, and the only thing that is not pink is the curtain.

"But, I don't want to leave," Joy pouted, "how about Mister Smokey? Why does daddy- father doesn't allow me to bring him with us?"

Dion gave her ten years old sister a weary smile. She approached her and kneeled, "I don't understand his motive, but how about this? Gordon will take care of him."