Chapter 12: "... stop blaming yourself."

I heard familiar music through my ears. Andromeda, by Weyes Blood. Then, I opened my eyes.

Where am I? Am I at Joy memory again?

I looked around, but it didn't look like I was in a house. It was like a library, a vast shelf full of books on my right and left. It's just a wall behind me without any door. I saw two pairs of chairs and a coffee table facing a vast window in the middle when I looked at myself. I saw a figure sitting on the left chair, smoking a cigarette while reading a book.

I approached them silently and spoke with the music in the background, "Hello?"

They turned around, "Claude? You're not supposed to be here yet."

"Kinsley?" I asked.

I looked at the window and saw we were at a beach. The beach waves looked calm and soothing, but there were no doors, "Sit down," Kinsley said as I sat on the empty chair, "what happened? How did you get here?"

"I have no idea."

Kinsley sighed and thought of something, "did you pass out?"

"I think so? I was drunk, and my eyes closed on my way in the car- wow, I remember," I said as I recalled my memory, "I still remember everything," the image of Cain on top of Lydia in my head is precise.

Kinsley tilts her head, "you do? I mean, it explains a lot because you accidentally got here."

"So, I'll forget that I even come here?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I hope not," Kinsley shrugged.

"Oh, okay. Anyway, where are we?"

"We're at your Memory Palace," Kinsley answered.

"Memory Palace?" I repeated, "isn't it supposed to be a house? Or a castle?"

"Not really. It just has to be a place where you can stroll around your memory," Kinsley stood up, "why don't you look around and check the books?"

"Why?" I said as I followed Kinsley to the shelves. She took one of the books and gave it to me. I read the cover, and it's written, "The First Date with Lydia."

I was confused, but when I opened it. A hologram shows Lydia and me in a coffee shop in my Sophomore year. I saw from the hologram how happy we were, and I still remember how nervous I was, "You know? I caught Lydia cheating on me again," I said to Kinsley as I closed the book.

"Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that," Kinsley said in empathy.

"It's alright," I said, putting on a weary smile.

Kinsley smiled and patted my back, "I told you so."

"Oh fuck off Kinsley," I scrunched my nose. I search the other book, and I grab one book titled, "The day I lost my virginity."

"I even have a track record of my sex life?" I furrowed my eyebrow.

"Save that for later, trust me," Kinsley took the book from me and put it back where it was.

"Couldn't be more agree," I said as I scrunched my face. Then I returned to the chair, "so, we're in the middle of a beach?"

"Yep," Kinsley answered, "want some tea?" Kinsley asked as a cup of tea suddenly appeared on the table.

"Whoa, how did you do that?" I asked in amused.

"We're inside your mind. You can think of anything here," Kinsley said as I accepted the tea.

"Does that includes a door? Because I don't see any," I pointed behind us.

"Sadly, no. I think we're trapped inside here."