C̶̻͇͙̝̉h̡̪̣̜͎̰̉͗̓ȃ͍̗̬̦̖̥͍͂͠p̧̖̯͙̣̔t̢͍̪̱͙̭̺͚̩̚̚e̸̜̦ͧ͐̿r̩͕͙̦̽̑̀?̲̫̪̻͔̲̍͗́̀ͅ

Play the music for a much better experience

Enjoy✌️

***

I woke up, and I looked around to find myself in a dark place with thick fog around. That's the only sentence I can explain for this situation.

Am I dreaming? Or am I dead? Because I feel cold.

Something is not right here.

I can sense trouble just by feeling it.

"Claude? Is that you?" a familiar voice said behind me. I saw Kinsley with the same expression as mine, "are you seeing this right now?"

"Yeah," I said and looked around. I patted my body to make sure, "are we dead?"

"No, no, we're not. I can still feel your heartbeat. I think we're in a dream," Kinsley speculated.

"Another dream? But, don't I already know all about Joy's past?" I didn't even feel relieved to hear that I was not dead because I'm still confuse.

"You do," I can see Kinsley starts sweating.

"Then, what is it this time?" I asked as I stepped closer to her.

"I don't know. I didn't plan this," Kinsley said. Then we saw a figure from afar. It's vague, and I can't tell who it is. Kinsley noticed the person before she looked at me in worry, "I guess we better find out."

We walk towards the figure as it becomes clearer. The person had blond hair, and he was wearing a suit, "Mr. Wayne?" I was shocked to see him here.

"Wayne?" Kinsley wasn't calling him. Instead, she said his name in utter confusion about Wayne's presence, "why is he here?"

"Can he see us?" I asked as I waved my hand in front of his face. I was startled when he turned his eyes to me, "Oh, I'm sorry-"

"Have you ever wondered what it's like to live my life?" Wayne asks of a sudden.

Kinsley and I looked at each other. We didn't know how to answer that question.

"They say, I live inside a pot of gold. I was living in a big mansion with unlimited wealth," Wayne turned his eyes to Kinsley, "but they didn't know the pot of gold was a hell."

'1982'

The darkness suddenly shifts into something. After one blink, we were inside a room—a dining room, bigger than Wayne's but older. In the center of the room, there is a long dining table, even though there were only three people present, with antique chairs that no one uses anymore.

I looked around to find Wayne's disappearance. He's not with us anymore.

"That's- Joy's grandparents," Kinsley said as she stepped towards the family. I followed behind her, "yeah, that's Joseph and Mary. Joy showed me a photo of her grandparents, and it looks exactly like them."

"Is that- Wayne?" I asked as I noticed a young blonde boy cross his mother with his father sitting at the end of the table next to them. Wayne looked young here, and I'm guessing he's around twelve. He doesn't even have wrinkles on his face, and he hasn't grown his beard. But, his eyes were swollen, and he got a cut on his left eyebrow.

"Son," the man of the house called for his son.

"Yes, father?" he looked up to his father.

"Is it true that you were in a fight today?"

Wayne stopped eating his food and looked down, "yes, father."

Joseph looks at his son, "it didn't look like you won the fight."