Chapter 11: "How could you..."

"Get your shit together, Claude!" Jessie exclaimed as she slapped my cheeks.

"Was that necessary?!" I asked Jessie who's drunk now, and I am too. We're losing beer pong with some nerds once, and this would be the second if we lose again.

Jessie took my face and made me face my opponent, "Look at Kale right there! Do you want that kid to defeat us?" I watched Kale talk to his friend as he pushed up his glasses every second.

"We have one more cup left, Jess. No way we'll win," I deadpanned.

"Have faith, dude. You're breaking up my mood," Jessie rolled her eyes.

After that, I don't tell you. But I guess I have to, so you can understand. Not only that we lose, but I was also getting more drunk. Back in the game, I keep thinking of Lydia. What she said to me... I don't know, and she's messing up with my head now. Is it my fault? Maybe if I keep it to myself, this won't happen. I don't know what is right and wrong are now.

Jessie accepts her loss as she shakes hands with Kale. I took her to the sofa so she could rest, "Stay here. I'm going to find Lydia."

"Okay, make it quick," Jessie said as she instantly closed her eyes. I can already hear her snoring from here.

I stumble to every corner of the room and open every door that I find, nothing. I went to the backyard and made my way through the drunk high schoolers, and I couldn't find her. Should I even worry? I don't want to upset her again, but she's for drugs? I know she's not that stupid, but we never know.

"Hey, do you know where Lydia is?" I asked one of the cheerleaders' team.

"I think she went back inside. Is everything okay?" she asked through the loud music.

"I hope so, thank you," I said as I went back inside. If I can't find Lydia anywhere on the first floor, I might look upstairs. As I approached the stairs, I saw Joy leaning don't the wall. Great, it's like I need to pass the first boss to proceed with my quest.

"Harris," Joy greeted.

"Wright," I scrunched my face when I said her last name, "you know? It's hard to say your last name like Wright. Do you know that it rhimes with everything? Wright, right, bright, lights," I rambled and giggled like a kid.

"I'm aware," Joy nodded.

I sat on the railing and looked at Joy, "What is your father's name?" she looked confused and furrowed her eyebrows at me. I leaned closer to her, "Why is your life so secret to everyone? I assume Rebecca doesn't even know about your father."

"What about my father?" Joy furrowed her brows.

"I know that you came from a wealthy family. You're soo rich that you could buy this place in a blink of an eye," I said.

"What makes you think of that?" Joy asked, "I could be poor, you know?"

"Not with that designer clothes you're wearing right now, even though I have no idea the brand is, but I can tell," I pointed to her Gucci bag and her crop shirt, "It's just, my guts telling me that you're rich."

"Maybe," Joy nods in approval.

I raised my hand and took her chin, making her look at me, "I know everything about you, Joy."

Joy narrowed her eyes and pulled my hand away from her, "You know nothing about me."

"Why do you have to keep your life a secret?"

Joy sighed and took my hand, "You're drunk, Harris. Let's get you sober up."

When she tried to take me downstairs, I stopped, "wait, I should be looking for Lydia."